Sunday, November 29, 2009

"The Event", Santa and Sunday.......

"The Event" (as Walmart was calling the big 5 hour sale instead of "Blitz") was truly a spectacle. When I pulled up to the light at the intersection you could see a line of traffic down the freeway waiting to turn in to the store. When I pulled into the parking lot I could not find a parking spot in the whole lot. People were starting to park along the freeway and in any available adjacent parking lot to the store. I ended up pulling into the yellow zone (I wasn't the only one) and told Bob when I walked in that if my car got towed he was paying for it.

The office associates (Jade, Jan, Connie and myself) were given the job to carry around a bag of candy and orange juice and pass them out to customers that looked like they needed it. The last 2 years we have had the same lady (who is diabetic) pass out in the store and we've had to call the ambulance. Bob did not want that happening again this year. It didn't, I'm not sure it was because of us though. We didn't even know what the lady looked like.

It was a fun job. I just got to walk around handing out candy and making nice to the customers. I got to see a lot of my friends and I could stop and talk to them with out being in trouble.

Saturday was the official arrival of Santa to Brigham. Usually it is in the evening but this year they had it at 11 in the morning. I think it was better because it wasn't as cold, but the wind did blow and make it colder than it should have been.

Leslie and the kids couldn't come in this year because Paul's Grandma was having her Christmas party at noon. Jamie and the boys did come up.

Trevon, Jamie and Jax ......
They had a children's group singing Christmas songs to entertain us while we waited..

Trevon and Jax drinking hot chocolate to keep warm.........
Here he comes (he is at the very back on the ladder)

Trevon with Santa.....
Jax with Santa, or as he put it "the man in the costume". He is getting older and I think he is questioning his belief in Santa.

After they saw Santa we went and had lunch at Wingers (Jax's choice). Then we ran to Walmart (I know, I broke my own rule) so Jamie could look at the Christmas trees we had and Jax and Trevon could show me some of the things they wanted for Christmas so I would have some ideas of what to get them.

Leslie and Paul went to dinner that evening so Cambria, Braxton and Gunner came over. Gunner had his Christmas stocking that Grandma Moore had given him (she gives one to each grandchild every year). He had to show me everything that was in it. He is 2 now so he is going to be so much fun this year.

Today I had to play a musical number for Sacrament meeting. This made it so that every Sunday this month I have been a part of the musical number. Edris called me Monday to see if I could do it. Then I was at Angel's for a couple of days and then with work and Santa and everything I really didn't have a lot of time to practice.

I picked out a piece that was Thanksgivingy (is that a word?) and was practicing it Saturday. This morning when I sat down to practice it and I decided to check our music list (as organist we get a list that has the songs that are being sung each Sunday and it usually covers 3 months). Well they had us singing Christmas songs today. That's okay with me but I felt like I should change my number. So I quickly looked through my music and found Sally Deford's arrangement of "The First Noel" I practiced it for about half an hour and that was it. Once again the angels were with me and it turned out great.

It was my Sunday to teach the lesson in Primary. You could tell it was a holiday, the kids were all wound up. After church was over we of course had choir practice. We are doing 3 songs for Christmas and they are all going pretty good. We had a huge turn out for practice, we usually do for December, everyone like to sing Christmas songs. I wish we could get these kind of turnouts all the time.

I've just been lazy all afternoon. I even took a nap. Jackie came over for a visit this evening. It is always so much fun to talk to her.

Well that's my weekend. It's now almost my bedtime, have to be to work tomorrow as usual.

1 comment:

  1. thank you Jesus that I did not have to go out and share and care with the customers. Once you start talking to them they want things. I would rather run a register and limit the amount of time I spend with each person.

    ReplyDelete