Sunday, November 8, 2009

OOPS....Saturday

I can't believe I did this. I feel asleep watching tv and when I woke up I was so groggy that I just went upstairs and fell into bed. I totally forgot to do my daily update (and I think my crops are dead now). I will do two today and hopefully that will make all things right with the world once again. Right girls?

Saturday was a beautiful day. Did I do any yard work??? No..... I played instead.

I went out to Tremonton and I took the old highway because I can't trust my car on the freeway. I like to take the old road because you can see the seasons change in the farmer's fields. It was pheasant hunting today and there were several groups of He-Man type hunters with their guns ready to shoot and their dogs trying to scare them up some birds. I felt bad for the people that live out there cause all they got to hear on this beautiful fall day was the barking of hunting dogs and the shooting of guns.

I stopped at Crossroads Motors. My friend Brent W. owns this lot and I wanted to look at a couple of cars he had. I drove a 07 Cobalt, it was white and a four door and has 78,8?? miles on it. Not usually what I would think about buying but he only wants $7400 for it. It was a nice clean little car. He had a silver 2door Cobalt with a spoiler and I really liked it but it was out of my price range but it was more the type of car I would like.

I didn't make any rash decisions yet, I might go out and drive the 01 (or was it an 02?) Toyota (I can't remember the name of the car but it is their 2 door version of the Camry)it has low miles and he wants around $7000something for it. He also has a Saturn out there on his lot. Also I want to look at his brothers lot here in Brigham to see what he has.

TJ where are you when I need you?!:) I'm thinking the answer is "far away from you" cause I'm sure I drove him crazy when he helped me look for cars when I bought my Grand Am. It was the first time I had gone car shopping in my life and I was very indecisive. If you knew how Kelly was about the cars we had you would understand more.

After that I went to a little craft boutique that was at the house of one of Leslie's friends. Leslie was there selling her Cents of Style items too. I love to walk through craft boutiques and shops. It's fun to see what people can do with their hands. I bought two pairs of shoes from Les. Then just sat and talked with her for a little while. We discussed the car thing and she was going to talk to Paul and maybe go look at the cars I had looked at.

On the way home I stopped by Rigly's because Leslie said that they had these cute totes that Cambria wants to carry her scriptures in for church. They were cute and only $7.99! So I bought one. Who'd have thought to find a Christmas present at a little grocery store in Treetown?

Since I was hungry (it was 2 and I hadn't had anything to eat yet today) I wandered over to their hot cases. They were having a special: 8 pieces of chicken, 4 rolls and a side for $6.99! It was my day for bargains! I was feeling so good I picked up some of my favorite pumpkin chocolate chip cookies from their bakery. I will be able to feast for a couple of days on that!

The Jensen girls came over after I got home. We practiced the song they will be singing tomorrow (today). I had to tweek the arrangement a little. It was written for a choir and it is just 2 girls singing. We got it all worked out and it will sound great.

1 comment:

  1. TJ says you can get a new
    Cobalt for $11000 - that white Cobalt sounds like Nick's old one and he says it's too much for that many miles. Check blue book and carfax on what you're looking at.

    ReplyDelete