Sunday, November 15, 2009

This morning I went to church as usual. The choir sang and it went well. It amazes me every time that we struggle to get people to come to practice and then people come up when we sing that have never been to a practice yet it ALWAYS sounds perfect. I tell you the Angels sing with us.

It was my week to teach our class. The kids were a little hyper today but I think it was because it was our class' turn to do sharing time in Senior Primary. So I shortened the lesson so we could practice what we were going to do. We planned it last week and the kids really came up with most of the ideas.

In class we timed it out to be the perfect 15 minutes but when it was time to actually give the sharing time they got done in 10. Oh well.... it just gave us more time for singing.

We were practicing Christmas songs for the ward Christmas party and for the Sunday before Christmas program. We were learning the sign language to the last verse of Silent Night. It will be really pretty when the kids sing it at the party.

We had choir after the meetings. We have so much fun. We talked about how the kids were learning sign language to the songs and that if we did it as a choir then no one would be off key and they wouldn't have to learn their parts. But there would always be that one person who would be a beat behind with their hands.

1 comment:

  1. Ain't it the truth.
    Leading the ward choir was my most favorite calling I ever had.
    Frustrating but so rewarding especially at Christmas time with all the beautiful music.

    ReplyDelete