Friday, November 13, 2009

I haven't gone to bed yet.......

Leslie just picked up Braxton and Gunner. Today was Paul's birthday so she was taking him out to dinner and a show. Cambria was spending the night at her friend Makayla's house so it was just the boys and I.

When they first got here I put a couple of those Totinos's frozen pizzas in the oven (see I do know how to use it). You know the ones that taste like cardboard. But Braxton loves them and Leslie brought them so that was dinner. Gunner was asleep when Les dropped him off and didn't wake up until after 8.

Braxton helped me farm on Farmville and then wanted to go downstairs to play and watch TV. He is the BIGGEST chicken!!!!! He would not go down by himself and then when we were going down the stairs he stopped because he was in front of me and turned and said "Grandma you go first".

Oh and he was so worried about Gunner who was asleep on the couch in the living room. He wanted to lock the back door because... "What if someone comes in and steals him?" I told him no because then his mom wouldn't be able to get in the house when she came back. Then he asks "What if Gunner wakes up?" I told him that we would hear him and he would come downstairs (which is what really happened).

After Gun had woke up, he was cuddled in my lap, so I sent Braxton upstairs to get a couple of bottles of water and the bag of cheese cornpuffs for us to snack on. He must have lingered half way up the stairs for a good 10 minutes. He first wanted Gunner to go with him (you know because he is so big and menacing for a 2 year old....). Then again he wanted to lock the backdoor. The basement stairs go into the kitchen and it is an open stairway. You can see most of the kitchen from the bottom of the stairs. I finally said "Braxton, just go and get the water and treat, NOTHING is going to get you in this house!"

Then he had to go to the bathroom.....another long walk up the stairs and then I could see him flipping light switches in the kitchen. So I asked him what he was doing and he told me he was trying to find the light to the hallway.

Okay my house is not that big and scary. The light from the kitchen gives you enough light to get around my upstairs (it's the only one I use most of the time unless I am in the living room or my bedroom) From the kitchen to the bathroom is probably 3 Braxton size steps, you don't even have to go down the hall, you more like cross the hall.

Usually Gunner is the first to fall asleep and Braxton is the night owl. Well tonight Braxton fell asleep around 9 and Gunner stayed up wanting to watch movies. He was still awake when Les and Paul came at 12:30.

When we came upstairs I found (beside the usual light on in the kitchen) the light on over my kitchen table (it is all one room, kitchen and dinning room), the light was on in the hallway and in the bathroom. so it looks like Braxton found all the light switches all right.

Leslie said that he is the same way at home. He also loves to watch the "Goosebumps" series and we don't think that is helping him. But he really does like to watch them.

1 comment:

  1. when we lived in Colorado, Angel always made me go down those big creepy stairs with her and I am 2 years younger and hardly a threat (well then I wasn't...)

    ReplyDelete