Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Gratitude Night......

Tonight was the Gratitude dinner for Relief Society.

Carol was not about to let me miss it either. She had to go early (she it the president) so she made sure her daughter Emily came and got me. She was just as stubborn as her mother..

It was a nice dinner. Naomi was there, she works with one of the ladies in my ward. We all sat at the same table. We had salad, turkey, baked potato, veggies, rolls, pumpkin cake and lots of fun conversation.

Rhonda's group Cinnamon Creek was the entertainment. I never get tired of listening to her group. They are so talented and I love the old folk songs.

I have some very good friends in this ward. I don't know why because I certainly don't deserve them.

Amber J. came up to me at the end and asked me to accompany her and her sisters when they sing this coming Sunday. Of course I will do it and she just dropped off the music. It is Sally DeFord's arrangement of "I Need Thee Every Hour". I'm just glad they gave me more than one day's notice this time.

1 comment:

  1. I love Sally DeFord's music. She has a Christmas song called "Guard Him Joseph" that just brings a tear to my eye.

    ReplyDelete