Sunday, November 8, 2009

Official Sunday post.........

Went to church this morning. The song Amber and Jodi J. sang went really well. There were some great talks on gratitude given. I sat in the row in front of Amber and Jodi's family.

Laura (their mom) has had breast cancer and has gone through a mastectomy, and both chemo and radiation therapy. In fact her last radiation therapy was last week. Now she will be going through the reconstruction surgery. Today she was actually not wearing a scarf on her head because her hair is starting to come back in. I tell you this because our opening song was "Count Your Blessings" and Laura sang this song with such feeling and conviction you knew it was coming from the heart. I just stopped singing and listened to her. It was inspiring.

I didn't have to teach today, just play referee to keep the kids in line. We had choir practice after the block. We practiced the song for next week and then started on the Christmas songs for December.

The rest of the day I was just lazy and played on the computer and watched TV.

I did hear back from Dale Jesse. He emailed me the rough draft of his arrangement of Christmas Bells. I will play it for a week and then I email him back with helpful feedback on what I liked and didn't like about the arrangement. There is also 3 specific questions I need to answer. When he has the completed the arrangement I will get a copy of the finished music for free. Free is my favorite price!

I'm excited to be part of this process and I hope that this will be something I can be a part of for a while. It will give me new and challenging music to play and a new friend to support.

No comments:

Post a Comment