Saturday, July 3, 2010

The year is half way over already.........

So here we are in the first weekend of July.  Wow how this year is flying by. 

Last Tuesday I went out to Leslie's to watch the kiddos so they (Paul and Leslie) could go out for dinner since it was their anniversary.  9 years....just seems like yesterday that my youngest daughter graduated from high school.  Now she has been married nine years and has 3 beautiful children and a husband that adores her and she him.  I couldn't be happier for her. 

Cambria, Braxton and Gunner couldn't agree on what to have for dinner.  The choice was of course Mac and cheese or ramen noodles.  There are other food choices but when I'm there it seems that mac and cheese or ramen noodles is what a grandma is suppose to make.  So they (Cambria and Braxton) decided to play rock, paper, scissors for it.  Well Gunner feeling left out turned to me and ask me if I would play "wock, papew, scissows" with him.  So I of course obliged him.  He always waited to see what I put out and then he would copy me,  that way we were both winners?

While I was playing with Gunner, Cambria and Braxton were fighting over who was winning in their R.P.S. battle so I had to stop them and then watch them to witness who was actually the winner.  Well mac and cheese won.  Cambria helped me prepare it.  She is growing up so fast.

While we were waiting for the water to boil, I was sitting on the top stair watching the TV in the family room when Gunner came up to me and as serious as can be said......"Dwamma, Bwaxton can go to youw howse to yive I don't yike him anymowe".  I asked him if he wouldn't miss Braxton if he lived with me and he said "Yes but I don't yike him anymowe".  Well I'm not sure what Braxton had done to Gunner to earn his dislike, but Cambria who overheard the conversation agreed with Gunner that Braxton could live with me. 

Poor Braxton, he is just the typical little/big brother.  He teases, argues with, and annoys his big sister and fights with (literally) and annoys his little brother.  I don't know what's not to like?!

While they were eating, Braxton went over and sat on the floor at the top of the stairs so he could continue to watch the movie we were watching.  Well Gunner didn't seem too pleased with this and kept patting me on the arm and saying "Dwamma, Dwamma look at Bwaxton!"   I would quickly glance over, look at Braxton and tell Gun that he was alright.  And he was, he is not suppose to eat in the family room and he wasn't and technically he was still in the kitchen/dinning room so I was good with it.  But Gun (having it in for Braxton) seemed to think unless he was sitting at the counter or table it wasn't right.

Maybe if Leslie would have been there she would have made Braxton sit at the counter or table, but I'm Grandma and unless they are hurting each other or doing something that will hurt them or make a big mess, or am under instructions from Leslie or Jamie, I'm okay with it.

Thursday at work everyone had to help in grocery for a couple hours, so I was assigned aisle 7 to stock, zone and customer service.  It was a change and the time went by quickly, so it wasn't too bad.  My quarterly audit is coming up this Thursday so I am busy making sure I am ready for it. 

What I am reading now....."Dracula, The Un-Dead" by Dacre Stoker and Ian Holt.  Dacre is the great-grandnephew of Bram Stoker.

I just sent my feedback to Dale J. on "Infant Holy, Infant Lowly" so I am waiting to see what he sends me next.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I feel for Braxton and his middle child angst. Thanks for letting him eat on the stairs.

    ReplyDelete