Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Vacation...day 1.........

So here is the report of the first day of my week off.....

I called my friend Maron to see what she was doing.  Well she was laying flat on her back in bed, in a lot of pain.  Saturday she'd had a 4-wheeler accident and was thrown from her wheeler.  They took her to emergency where after many tests and x-rays found out that she had 7 hairline fractures along the bones in her spinal column.  There is not a lot they can do for this other than give her pain meds and have her stay in bed for 4-6 weeks.  OUCH!!!!!!!!

So I spent the afternoon at her house keeping her company and giving Gary (her husband) a break.  She really is doing pretty good all things considering.  We had fun just talking about everything under the sun.  Around 4pm she was starting to look tired so I left her to get some much needed rest.

I watched 2 of the movies Conly loaned me...."Man with the Screaming Brain" and "Alien Apocalypse". They were very entertaining.....okay some of it was just plan retarded and very low budget.  But I was entertained for a couple of hours.  One of my favorite lines from "Alien Apocalypse" was..."Stupidity is terminal...and you've just been cured..." after he shot a bounty hunter.  You know we all have a few stupid people we have to deal with that we would all like to cure....

I also finished reading "Zen the Art of Vampires".  It was good and made me laugh so I will have to see if I can find more of her books.

Later around 9 in the evening, after it had cooled off and a nice breeze was blowing, I went on a walk.  It was very nice and even saw a few of my neighbors out doing the same.

So that is the first day of my vacation......you all probably have to go lay down and rest now from all the excitement.

2 comments:

  1. I tried to text you yesterday - I'm in SLC, if you have time to come up here, call me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. look at you enjoying your stay-cation!

    ReplyDelete