Friday, July 23, 2010

Vacation.....Day 4......

Yesterday I went and had my hair trimmed and colored.  I usually go towards the darker colors but this time I've gone blonder.   After much discussion with Jen and her boss we decided that because of my ongoing battle with my gray that if I went lighter it would blend better. So Wa-La, I'm blonde.  Not totally blonde, but it is a shock every time I look in the mirror. They do say, "blonde's have more fun".  I guess I'll find out.

It was great talking to Jen. I just love her.  She told me all about their recent honeymoon to Mexico and what they were doing now.  After her first disaster of a marriage it is so good to see her so happy.

After I was through at the salon I took my 2 bulging bags to the D.I. Then I decided to go inside and see if they had any books I'd be interested in.  Shopping at the D.I. is always an adventure.  You never know what you will find.  Today's visit was a bust though, so I came out empty handed.

While I was perusing the paperbacks for the third time (just to see if I missed anything that screamed "READ ME") a lady carrying a metal shelf (something you would probably see in a kitchen) under her arm so that it stuck out in front and behind her,came around the display case behind me.  As she did she hit the glass display case with the shelves making quite a clatter.

She was heading right for me (there was not a lot of room between the book section and the display cases). I looked at her with surprise and she simply said "Oops" and kept coming towards me.  I had to jump back out of her way.  I moved down further and was going to go back to reading book titles when she swung those shelves around almost hitting me and managing to hit the display case AGAIN!

So I moved a little further down and then she swung around and hit the display case a third time and then she hit the book shelves. Every time she hit something I'd hear her say "oops".  Picture those comedy sketches where they are carrying the ladder and everyone is dodging it.  That's what this was like....I just stood there watching her wondering just how stupid she was or if she was drunk.

After my comical visit to the D.I. I returned home.  I was going to go to the matinee but I was feeling light headed and decided to just relax on the couch and I watched more of the "Jack of All Trades" series.

I've been making some huge changes (good ones) in my life and I think some of that is catching up to me.  I've been light headed a lot this week. So I made a doctor's appointment for today.  I think some of my medicines might need tweaking.

I went visiting teaching with Sharon in the evening.  We had a nice visit with Kelly (the only one we could get a hold of this week).  After I got home I called Charles and Debbie to talk about when I will be there (I am spending the weekend at their house).  Then Leslie called a little later and I got to talk to Gunner.  They were at Sea World again catching some of the things they missed yesterday. 

Wow!  Can you stand it?!  My week has been so exciting.....I can't wait to go back to work Monday.

1 comment: