Monday, July 19, 2010

Vacation.....................

Okay so it's been YEARS since I took a week of vacation from work.  The last time I was off work for a week, I was in the hospital for 8 days.  I don't go anywhere and don't have a lot of money to do anything, especially since they have cut our hours for the month of July!  Plus I'm a little bit of a work-a-holic.  I have a tough time just staying home for the weekend.  I go crazy in the house all by myself. 

So the girls planned this vacation to San Diego.  I was planning on going but because of the doctor's advice I decided to stay home this time.  It made me sad but I am making some important life changes right now and so I am good with my decision not to go.

The only problem is....I have this week off.  I tried to see if they would let me work but because I hardly ever use my vacation (I usually lose most of it every year) they wouldn't let me.  So here I sit with a week off from work...the girls and the grand kids are gone, my friends are working......I just might go crazy!

So I was talking about this to Conly last week, so on Friday he brings me this bag.  He's all grins as I was opening it to see what he had brought me.  Well Conly is a huge fan of Bruce Campbell.  In this bag was the following Bruce Campbell movies:
The Evil Dead
The Evil Dead II
Army of Darkness
Man with the Screaming Brain
Alien Apocalypse
Sundown

Then also in the bag was the complete series of Bruce Campbell's TV show "Jack of All Trades" and Seasons 1, 2, and 3 of "Burn Notice".   I've already borrowed Season 1 and 2 of  "Burn Notice" from Conly before and was needing to watch season 3.  I do really like "Burn Notice". 
I've also been trusted with "the Bag" pictured above.  It is Conly's only souvenir from his mission to Bulgaria.  He was more worried about the bag than he was all the DVDs he loaned me.  He is a sweetheart and such a fun friend. 

I went to the library Saturday because I was all caught up on the books I had either bought or borrowed.  I picked up "The Swan Thieves" by Elizabeth Kostova.  She is the author of "The Historian" and I really liked that book.  I also got "Zen and the Art of Vampires" by Katie Mac Alister.  I'm and currently reading this one.  So far I love it.  It is very funny, I might have to see if I can find more of her books.  I tried to find some books by a couple of authors that Audrey recommended but I couldn't find any.  I'll have to keep checking for them.

I'm done with the Christmas music from Dale J. and right now he doesn't have anything to send me :(. 
I may have to go to the music store and find something new to play.

So I'm going to try to blog once a day this week and report on my vacation.  Hopefully this will keep me looking for things to do so that you won't be too bored reading it.

2 comments:

  1. Kudos to Conly for sharing that inner kindness we all know he is capable of. I'm sure to be the victim of many Sharpie "Dots"... So hurry back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow with friends with taste in movies like Conly - who needs enemies?
    no really - he sounds like a doll.

    ReplyDelete