Sunday, July 25, 2010

Vacation....Day 6.......

Saturday started out with Debbie making us scrambled eggs and toast for breakfast.  Then we headed to the Farmer's Market at Pioneer park.  I didn't know such a thing existed.  It completely surrounds the park, one side farm produce the other side crafts and things and a huge section of food vendors.

Can I just tell you the people watching was at it's best.  Everyone from bikers to yuppies and dogs were there. It was just fun walking and looking.  I forgot my camera and was so mad at myself because you would have loved the pictures I would've shared. 

There were assorted musicians all around with their instrument cases or hats out in front of them for tips. There were several violinists, several guitarists, a few folk singers. But the two most interesting to me were the harpist (with at full sized harp) and this guy.....

They say the piano is not a portable instrument but this guy proves that fact wrong.  He had made a makeshift cart on which the piano sat and pulled it with his bicycle.  You can see it in the picture.  I took this with my phone so it could have been better but I could NOT pass this up without recording it on film.

He was actually quite good and he had another guy that was with him and they took turns playing.  You can see the big tin on a pedestal for his tips, it was pretty full.  Hmmmm wonder if I should give this a try....... I'm sure there were even more musicians to see but we only walked through the produce part of the market.

The fresh produce was wonderful and the selections were plentiful.  I picked up 3 zucchini, 3 yellow squash, 2 Mexican zucchini, a bundle of garlic and a pound in a half of baby red potatoes for under $10. Charles and Debbie got some sweet corn and shared it with me.

If I lived closer I would go to this every Saturday morning.  Debbie says they do and now the market is going to be open on Tuesday evenings too starting this week.  It is the ONLY way to buy fresh produce and a lot of it is organic. 

When we got home Charles and Debbie had to take Puddy to Angel's condo so that he would be there when she got home later that afternoon.  They also had to go to the grocery store to pick up some things for the dinner they were planning.  I stayed home while they did this and just relaxed and read my book.

When they got back we just hung around and talked and watched TV.  For dinner they made a great salad, grilled the corn we got from the market, and grilled black bean burgers and mushrooms.  The black bean burgers were really good.

Earlier Deb and I had gone to the red box and picked out a couple of movies to watch.  So we watched "The Blindside"...Awesome movie!  We also watched "Sherlock Holmes", I loved this one too.  I have always been a fan of Robert Downy Jr.

This morning they brought me home and now I get to spend the last day of my 'stay-cation' relaxing and probably not doing much of anything (unlike the rest of my week?)


Here is my 'little' brother and his cute wife Debbie.  Thanks again guys for the invite and the company! 

Well it's back to work tomorrow..a little mixed about this.  Ready to get back to work and out of this house, but also Jamie and Leslie are back so now I have them to see and at work there will be a lot for me to have to catch up on.  Oh well, life goes on!

No comments:

Post a Comment