Monday, December 21, 2009

Foggy..................

So remember I mentioned in a previous post that I was testing a car for the weekend? Well I bought it! It is a 2008 Chevy Cobalt Coupe. It is nothing fancy (no power windows or locks) but it only had 15,000 miles on it and the price was too good to be true. I NEVER find deals like this. It was traded in back to the same lot it was originally purchased from (because of a pending divorce). Clean car fax. What more can I say?
It's not red....and I miss that and the fact that this is an automatic. When I stop at lights I feel like I'm forgetting to do something. I have to keep both hands on the steering wheel right now or I keep trying to grab the shifter and I have to keep my left foot all the way against the door so I don't try to hit the brake with it. It's going to take a little retraining cause I've been shifting a car since I was 19.

When I got done signing the papers I drove past Leslie's (I bought it off a lot in Tremonton). She wasn't home but the kids were outside playing in the snow. So I pulled into the driveway. They had seen the car Saturday when they dropped me off from going to Angel's party. At that time I had to tell them that I was only trying it out. Anyway Cambria and Braxton came running up to the car and were jumping up and down asking me if I was keeping it. When I told them yes, you would have thought I won the lottery or something they way they were cheering.

Then Cambria asked me if I had the same thing in the dash that her mom had. I pointed to the CD player and asked her if that was what she was talking about. She was so excited that I had a CD player now (and frankly so was I). My Grand Am had a cassette player (remember those?) in it and Cambria was always telling me that I needed to get a new car so I would have a CD player in it (what other reason would you buy a new car?).

Yesterday the choir sang in Sacrament meeting. We sang "Hark the Herald Angels Sing", "Star of Bethlehem" and "It Came Upon the Midnight Clear". They sounded awesome and I managed to play without a hitch. I love it when everything comes together!

After we had a Christmas program by the Sunday School. The Primary children got up and sang. I love it when the little ones get up there to sing. They are so cute.

In Senior Primary we didn't have a Christmas lesson in our manuals, so the Primary presidency put a lesson together using the children's book "The Christmas Orange". They also gave each class one of those chocolate oranges (the kind that brake apart like a real orange) to share after the story. Then as a gift as we were leaving children and teachers received an orange and some candy.

Remember I told you that I had a mystery Santa? The first night I received a Christmas tree cookie jar. Since then I have received Craisin/nut cookies dipped in frosting, Chocolate chip cookies. The most yummy coconut cookies dipped in chocolate with macadamia nuts sprinkled on top. These were sooo good and I am NOT a fan of coconut, but they were soft and chewy with just a hint of lemon.

Then I received some kind of cakey things, they were cut into small pieces and were pink and green. I tried one of each and I hate to admit it but I didn't like them. I tried them again the next morning and ended up throwing them out. I guess you can't like everything. The next day I received a kind of bar cookie with nuts and pieces of cinnamon candies. They look funny but they taste good.

Saturday I got a gift box of Clementines and Sunday when I got home from church there was a can of Stephen's Candy Cane Cocoa on my back step. Tonight I got some yummy peanut butter cookies dipped in chocolate with peanuts sprinkled on the top.

Every night (except for Sunday) my doorbell rings around six and there is a new treat on my front step.

Sunday I also got a can of mixed nuts from my neighbors the Koford's and a loaf of lemon bread from the Terry's. Tonight I found a loaf of homemade bread in my back door left there by my neighbor's the Udy's. Have I told you what a GREAT neighborhood I live in lately?!?!?!!?!!

It is suppose to snow again tomorrow. It has been foggy since Saturday. I don't like fog it makes me claustrophobic. So maybe if it snows the fog will go away. Snow good, fog bad.......

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh could I just get one damn homemade cookie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you getting a new car! AND a CD player.

    Send your poor sister a cookie, for pete's sake!

    ReplyDelete