Friday, December 4, 2009

Shopping with Jax and Trevon.....

Last year I started a new Christmas tradition of taking each grandchild Christmas shopping for their family. It gives me a little one on one time with each of them and we have fun.

Jamie came into town around 3:30 and dropped Jax off at Walmart since I was just getting off work.

The first person we shopped for was his mother. He knew just what he was going to get her so when we got the the aisle where the items were (I can't tell you because Jamie reads this) he made his decision by the color of the item not some of the other things that you would take into consideration when buying an item of this nature. He didn't want to change it even when I suggested another one. The one he picked was "Mom's favorite color." One down, two to go......

Next it was Trevon's gift, another easy one that Jax knew what he wanted to get him Something Spider-man. Easy enough went right to the aisle and wa-la another gift down...

Next we had to find something for Patrick (Jamie's boyfriend)......by this time Jax was trying to tell me how much he (Jax) wanted a BB gun. I had to keep reminding him that we weren't buying HIS present we were looking for Pat's. He said let's get him something basketball (that's what Pat plays) so we went to sporting goods and for some reason we ended up looking at.....BB Guns! Jax can have a very one track mind sometimes. I ended up calling Jamie for a suggestion and we got him a monopoly game.

We were done!! Jamie had already gotten Johnny's (Jax's dad) gift so we didn't have to shop for him. We went over to the wrapping paper so he could pick out what kind he wanted to use.

When we got to the house Jax went in to wrap his presents, because he doesn't need help to do that anymore and I took Trevon back to Walmart.

The conversation in the car went something like this....
Me-So do you know what you want to get your mom and Jax and Patrick for Christmas?
Trevon- I want a toy....
Me-We are going to buy presents for your mom and Jax and Patrick....
Trevon-I want a toy.....
Me- We are shopping for your family not you this time.
Trevon-Did my broder get a toy? (he NEVER calls Jax by his name even when he is talking to Jax, it is ALWAYS broder)
Me-no, but he bought you a present...
Trevon-what did he get me?
Me-I can't tell you it is a surprise for Christmas morning...
Trevon-well I want a toy....

First we went to get his mom's gift. I gave him some ideas and he chose one. We went and looked at several so he could choose the one he wanted to get for her. He picked out one and we headed to the toy department to get Jax's present.

He knew what he wanted to get Jax...Lego's. So we found him a set and no sooner had I put it in the shopping cart Trevon said "now I want a toy". Oh dear we are back to this conversation again?

We headed to find Patrick some body wash (it is what Jamie said he liked) and we found several men's sets so I gave Trevon a choice and then we were done. He picked out his wrapping paper and as we headed towards the checkouts he was standing in the back of the cart holding the wrapping paper like a bazooka and pretending to shoot people as we walked past them. On the way up he asked if he could have some gum, okay gum I can do (at least it wasn't a toy he asked for again).

We got home and I helped Trevon wrap his presents. Then we all had some food from Taco Bell for dinner and watched "Elf" while we ate.

No comments:

Post a Comment