Monday, December 7, 2009

Shopping with Cambria and Braxton.....

It snowed all day Saturday but only left enough on the ground to make it slippery Sunday morning.

When I got home from church. Leslie was at my house with the kids. I was met by Cambria and Braxton racing up the stairs both shouting "I wanna go shopping with you FIRST!" Leslie had gone to get us some lunch so while I changed Cambria and Braxton "discussed" who was going to go shopping first.

They decided to play "rock, paper, scissors". So every time they came to the point of showing what they had Cambria would try to see what Braxton was going to do so she could beat him. Braxton would then say "Knife" and hold out one finger. Cambria told him there was no knife in rock, paper, scissors and Braxton said yes there was...which of course started another argument.
When Leslie got back with our lunch we had to settle this fight. We told Cambria that she got to go first last year. She said that was because she had to go to dance. We told her that it didn't matter she still went first. I had to tell them that just because I picked one to go first didn't mean I loved that person any more than the other. There was a little pouting going on with Cambria.

So Braxton and I left for Walmart. He was so excited and said that he already knew what he was going to get everyone. He walked in and went right to each thing he wanted, picked out the first wrapping paper he saw and.....we were done. He did have a second thought on Cambria's gift but quickly found something he thought was a better present. He was like this last year too. I wonder if his super power is "speed shopping"?

When we got home I sent Cambria to the car while we brought in Braxton's gifts (all but the one for Leslie). He went downstairs to have Leslie help him wrap while Cambria and I went shopping.

On the way to the store Cambria was telling me what she was going to get Gunner....ohoh...I had to tell her that Braxton had got that for him. She then asked if Braxton got her dad an item and I had to tell her yes again (this was not looking good) then she asked "What did he get my mom?" I told her it was in the back seat and when she saw what it was she said "Braxton stole all my ideas!" No wonder he was so fast......

So we had to start from scratch. Cambria had some other ideas but she changed her mind twice on Braxton's gift, and twice on her dad's gift. She was still pretty mad at Braxton for stealing all her ideas.

When we got home Cambria and I went into the bedroom and started wrapping. Once we had Braxton's gift wrapped I called him up so we could wrap his mom's present. While we were wrapping all of a sudden Gunner threw open the door and said, "Whatcha doin?" Cambria was just starting to wrap his present so she threw herself over it to hide it. It was pretty funny.

When she was wrapping Braxton's gift we needed a box, so I was looking around to see if I could find one big enough. She went to open the closet door and I told her not to do that (I may have sounded a little excited). She turned to me and with a huge grin on her face asked me if that was were I had hidden presents. I said yes and if she opened it I would take them all back. She didn't, but it was a close call.

After all the presents were taken care of the kids wanted to help me decorate the tree. So I pulled out the unbreakable ornaments and let them have at it. I put the star on the top and Braxton said that he wanted to. I told him I was going to do it (I knew this would start another competition between him and his sister).

I turned around to get some ornaments and when I looked back at the tree Cambria was standing on the couch putting the star back on the tree. I asked her what she was doing and she said, "I'm putting the star on the tree!" I'm pretty sure that was her way of getting even with Braxton for stealing all her gift ideas.

Gunner using the couch for support...

Cambria thoughtfully placing ornaments......


Gunner putting the third decoration on the same branch.....

Braxton doing his part......

Gunner, Braxton and Cambria in front of the finished tree....

After they left for home I made some dinner and watched the First Presidency's Christmas Devotional. It is one of my favorite things.

So it was a busy fun weekend and Grandma's shopping trips with the grandchildren are all done. Next year I start taking Gunner.

2 comments:

  1. The shopping sounds like so much fun.
    They did a great job on the tree. Be honest now... did you rearrange things after they went home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOl I never heard the story about the rock paper scissors!!! I wonder where he got the knife from LOL that is hilarious and SOOO braxton!!! And btw Cambria looks high in the picture of the 3 of them and All I can see in the one of Braxton is how hideous I really looked that day :)

    ReplyDelete