Sunday, December 13, 2009

D@&X Snowplows!!!!!!!

I have so much to catch up on. I've got so many blog fodders and should have been writing daily but I've also been busy and by the time I sit down I am so tired I can't stay awake to write.

Where to start???????

Friday....
It started out actually with me looking up cars on autotrader.com Thursday night. I wanted to look at a couple of cars that were out at Murdock Chevrolet in Tremonton but hadn't had the chance to drive out there. Well they had a couple of nice cars but as I scrolled down one in particular caught my eye.

It was a 2008 Chevy Cobalt LS coupe. It is an automatic (bummer), 4 cylinder, silver with a spoiler on the back. The kicker...it only has 15,000 miles on it! The price was slashed to $8938.00. So Friday morning when I got to work I called Allen who I've been talking to at Murdock. He said that there was nothing wrong with the car and it was actually bought off their lot originally. It had been on the lot for over 40 days and when that happens they start cutting the price to get rid of it.

I told him with my schedule I wouldn't be able to get out there until Monday after work to look at it. He then told me that he would find a driver and have them bring it to me at work so I could look at it. If he couldn't find a driver he was willing to tell everyone that he had an interested party and hold it until I could come out Monday.

Then he told me that if he could get someone to bring it to me he would let me try it out for the weekend! So about noon the Cobalt arrived and they took my Grand Am to Tremonton. It is a nice little car, clean, nothing wrong with the body.

It hasn't been a very good weekend to try it out though. It has snowed ALL weekend (we've gotten at least a foot). I was a little nervous this morning in all the snow and slush. It's a little smaller and lighter then my Grand Am. I was also used to being able to down shift and this is an automatic. It handled okay, I slid a little but I think I would have in my car it was that bad this morning.

So I'm trying to decide if I should get it or keep looking. Diana...see what TJ thinks.

Shop with a Cop...... The actual Shop with a Cop event was held Sat. Dec. 5th at our Walmart like always. There were two little boys whose parents are divorced. It was their father's weekend and because he had been in trouble with the police wouldn't let the boys attend. Can't imagine why he's divorced can you???? The mother contacted Pam (organizer) who contacted Walmart and arranged a special Shop with a Cop for the boys Friday evening. So they needed two helper "elves" to shop with them and the police officers so Jan (claims) and I volunteered.

They came at 5pm. Two of the cutest little boys, one six and one four. I went with the 4 year old who's name was Bridger. At first he hung way back and we had to keep coaxing him to come along. The police officer that was with me was very good with him and he finally started to warm up to us.

He NEVER uttered a word the whole time we were with him. We would ask him things and he would just nod his head or point. I tried every thing to get him to say something but he never did.

After we found everything and paid for it we took them to the S.W.A.S. room and helped them gift wrap their presents. It was so much fun. Their mother and little brother (he was too young for Shop with a Cop) were there with us. Bridger was in charge of taping and did a fine job. A couple of times his little brother wanted to help so we let him tape too.

The mother was so grateful and just kept thanking us. I asked her if Bridger ever talked. She said only when he needs to. She described him as the strong silent type. That was a fact. Even though he never talked we always knew what he wanted.

I have helped with Shop with a Cop for 6 years now. I love doing it. My heart goes out to the kids we help.

I will jump to today (Sunday) for a minute. We have received about a foot of snow over the weekend. I woke up this morning and the plows were making their passes on our street. When they made their final pass I had a pile of snow a good 3 feet high blocking the end of my driveway. There was no way the Cobalt would get through that. It was 8:00 and church is at 9 and I needed to be there early because it was my Sunday to play the organ.

I was pretty sure I was going to have to call and tell them I wouldn't be able to make it. I went back to get dressed and when I came back out some one who must have had a snow blade on his truck had pushed the snow out of the way just wide enough for a car to get through (I have a double wide driveway). Have I told you what a great ward and neighborhood I live in!?!?!

So I was able to make it to church on time. It was a very good Sacrament meeting. I had good organ karma today. It was also my Sunday to teach our Primary class. They were pretty good but between the snow and the upcoming holiday....well....they were pretty good. After the meetings we had choir practice. We will be singing our 3 Christmas songs next week. They are sounding really good and we've had good turn outs to practices.

When I was coming home and turned the corner on my street and got to my driveway...it was completely plowed! Some one had finished the job. I have the best friends and neighbors!!!!

I watched Leslie's kids this afternoon while she and Paul went to the store real quick. The kids were all excited about the snow and more than a little rowdy. But they were good. Then I watched one of my favorite Christmas movies that was on "White Christmas".

When I came up a little while ago I looked out and AAAARRRGGGGHHH!!!!!!! The snowplows had come past again and there was more snow at the end of my nice clean driveway! I went out and shoveled a space big enough to get the car through in the morning. It was too heavy for me to do more. I had to at least do that much while it was still soft enough to break up. In the morning it would have been too frozen and harder to clear.

Also while I was downstairs I heard my doorbell ring. When I came upstairs there was a present on my front porch. On it was the number 12. When I opened it, it is a Christmas tree cookie jar. Hmmmm looks like I have a mystery Santa or something.

Well tomorrow I will write about Saturday's adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment