Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve Eve....................

So after 32 years I am finally getting Christmas Eve off and I don't have to be back to work until Monday. There are some definite perks to being the Invoice Clerk.

So I invited ALL the grand kids to spend the night tonight. Crazy you say???? Maybe, maybe not....

We started out the night with pizza and bread sticks. Then the fun began.

We bundled up and delivered my neighbor gifts. We walked to each house (except Naomi's) and when they opened the door we sang "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" and gave them their gift.
Here are my little carolers...........
Jax, Trevon, Braxton (wearing his dad's coat), Cambria and Gunner......

After we delivered the gifts I took them uptown to walk through the Christmas Village. Gunner loved it and had to tell me about everything that was in each of the houses.

When we got home the kids put on their p.j.'s and we made hot chocolate. I used the Candy Cane Cocoa mix that got left on my back steps Sunday. The kids loved it! They all had two cups of it.

Then we read a story and made up beds and put on the movie"Elf" and ate popcorn.

Jax and Trev......
Braxton....
Cambria (she didn't want her picture taken because "My hair is a mess!")....

Gunner and Cambria........
One by one they started to fall asleep.

Gun......
Braxton (and he SNORES!).......
Cambria, she told me at the beginning of the night she was going to stay awake all night. She was the first one to fall asleep.
Trevon (he like to sleep shirtless).....
Jax stayed awake the longest and we just sat and watched TV and talked till about 11:30.

I came upstairs to get the kitchen cleaned up and some thing ready for tomorrow. The whole time Gunner had started coughing and it wouldn't stop. I went downstairs to check on him and he was awake, red cheeked and wheezing. I brought him upstairs and checked my medicine cupboard but I was out of children's Tylenol. So as much as I hated to do it I called Leslie (it was now 1:45am) and told her what was going on. She decided to come in and she just left taking Gunner home with her.

I felt so bad we were having so much fun and it was not how I wanted the night to end up. Except for a few minor altercations the the Christmas Eve Eve sleepover at Grandma's was a success!

1 comment:

  1. How fun for all of you!
    Those kids are going to remember this time with you for their whole lives. (sniff, makes me teary eyed!)

    ReplyDelete