Thursday, October 15, 2009

Trevon's Soccer Game......

Saturday morning we had to get up bright and early for Trevon's soccer game at 9:30. We made a quick stop at McDonald's for some breakfast and then headed to the soccer field.

Patrick met us there and Trevon's father Mike was there also. It was a little tense at first because Patrick and Mike do not like each other. I was a little tense too because I am not too fond of Mike either. But everyone played nice and there was no problems.

Trevon loves to play soccer and he really got into the game. Patrick had to leave early to go to work and missed seeing Trevon play because they didn't put him in until the 2nd quarter. He did get to see him practice though so it wasn't a total loss.

Jamie and Trevon trying to keep warm.........

Jax kept himself happy playing with his nerf gun..........

Trevon making a goal during practice................

The game is on and Trevon was no slacker.......

Look at that kick......................

Heading towards the goal........

Trevon ended up making 2 goals during the game, sorry I didn't get a picture of those. Maybe next time.

After the game we went to Halloween USA to look for Jax a costume. He wants to be Jason (the original white hockey mask one). We discovered that the boys are not into the really scary gory stuff. They had a display at the front of the store that was like a mini spook alley and neither boy would go over even close to it.

Trevon started to freak out a little and so I held his hand. Every time he was really scared or if I walked too close to something that was in his eyes too scary he would squeeze my hand so hard that my fingers felt like they were going to go numb. Then he would say "I don't want to go there" and come to a dead stop. (no pun intended)

Jamie (who is my freak child who loves scary gory stuff just like her father) wanted to go over and check out the life size Jason they had so she could get some ideas for Jax's costume. So I had to take Trevon down the aisles that had the cutesy kids costumes to get his mind off the spook alley.

Even Jax was a little freaked by some of the things he saw. They had these figures crawling up the walls that were like dead and decaying bodies and Jax's comment was "Those are just disturbing." I had to agree with him on that one.

The shopping trip was a success and Jax was happy. Jamie just has to find an old jacket at the DI that she can rip and cut up and he's ready for Halloween.

After that the boys had dentist appointments. That was also a success-NO CAVITIES!

Then we headed to Brigham so that Jamie could take me home and drop Jax off at his dad's. It was fun spending time with Jamie and the boys.

Sunday I went to church. It was my week to teach the lesson and it went well. Rhonda canceled choir practice so I didn't have to stay after. The old bishopric was released and a new bishopric was sustained. The new bishop is my old home teacher. I was wondering why when he came the Sunday before that he told me I was getting a new home teacher. Now I know why.

My dearest friends Maren and Gary D. came home from their mission in (are you ready for this?) Hawaii this last week. I didn't get to see them till after the meetings. They looked great and I was so happy that they are back. On their mission they worked at the Polynesian Center and Gary taught some business classes. How fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment