Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Family Fun

It was a busy fun weekend....

I burned some vacation on Friday and left at noon. Leslie and the kids came by and picked me up and we headed down to Jamie's.

For several years now Jamie and Leslie get together about this time and they have a night were they make gifts for Christmas for their neighbors. This year they were doing it at Jamie's. I went along cause I like to be with my girls and the kids.

All the kids were there except for Jax. He was spending the night at Angel's and she was taking him to see the Star Wars concert.

Jamie and Leslie worked until 3am on their projects. I kept the kids from getting in their way and played on the computer and just enjoyed my family. I went to bed around 1am after I finally got the kids to sleep. Well all the kids but Cambria and her friend McKayla. They were helping Leslie and Jamie with their projects.

Saturday we all got up and we were going to all go and watch Trevon play soccer but we hit a snag...... Leslie locked her car keys in the trunk. She was not happy and we had to stay and wait for a locksmith to come and we missed Trevon playing.

We then headed to Salt Lake to Angel's house. Jamie and the boys ended up having top go back because of plans that Johnny had for Jax. We were sad that they had to go and Jax was not happy about it at all.

Angel took us to Apollo Burger. Very yummy, I had the mushroom swiss burger. So big I couldn't finish it. Then we were going to go to Gardener's Village for our yearly visit to the Witch festival. But is was so packed that we decided to go and find something else to do.

Angel took us to a Halloween store were Leslie was trying to find a few things for the Halloween party that she is having for the kids and for her costume for the adult party she is having. Then we went to the pumpkin patch....they sell pumpkins but they also have fun things for the kids. So they went through the maze and in the big blowup fun house. They were selling some watermelons also and while we were waiting for the kids to come out of the maze they cut one up and gave us huge pieces to try. It was good, sweet and juicy. Gunner especially loved his and the piece he had was almost as big as he was.

Sunday I over slept and so I stayed home from church. It felt good just to relax. I dug out my Christmas music....I can hear you groaning...but I get it out now so I can practice it so in December I can play it with minimal mistakes. Plus I admit it, I do love Christmas music, what can I say, it's who I am.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun day.
    I like Christmas music when it's not Christmas time. In December you're so tired of hearing the same 5 songs over and over. It's much more enjoyable in September and October when no one is playing it yet.

    ReplyDelete