Sunday, October 25, 2009

More Halloween fun......

Friday Leslie had a Halloween party for the kids. She invited all the cousins and a few close friends. I went out after work to watch and ended up giving her a hand. There was a pretty good turn out which meant we were busy.

First she served them dinner. She made mummy dogs, pizza, french fries, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches cut into Halloween shapes and eyeballs(made of frozen pudding and gummy lifesavers). For dessert she had cupcakes with "dirt" and worms on top. She put in a lot of work and will now be know as one of the coolest mom's in Tremonton.

Then we divided them into groups for the activities. I ran the bingo game while she helped with the pumpkin decorating and Halloween arts and crafts. Then they played games-they had a race to see who could wrap someone with toilet paper like a mummy, hot pumpkin (like hot potato), pumpkin relay races, and the ever favorite freeze tag.

I also brought my camera because I knew that Les would have her hands too full to get pictures all the time and it was a good thing I did because she ended up running out of memory.

Some of my favorites times during the party were.....
When the kids were all served their dinner I looked around and ALL the boys were sitting on the stairs eating and watching "Transformers II" that the kids had left playing before the party started.

Braxton is the mummy


My other favorite time was when they were playing Hot Pumpkin. At first Gunner was trying to get into the game the best he could.

But when he got bored with it he decide to crash the game and rode his 4 wheeler into the middle of the circle.

Saturday night Leslie had a Halloween party for her friends so Cambria, Braxton and Gunner spent the night with me.

We watched Halloween movies all night. Gunner's favorite was the Winnie the Pooh one. Cambria and Braxton love "Hocus Pocus". Of course we also watched "The Great Pumpkin" too.

Usually Braxton is that last one to get to sleep but this time it was Gunner. I had him in my lap and every time I thought he was asleep a commercial for the "Transformer II" movie would come on and he would pop up all bright eyed and start shouting transformer! He didn't fall asleep until midnight.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like so much fun.
    Those kids will always remember this stuff and be the envy of their friends because they have the coolest Mom. I think Grandma will be right up there too.

    ReplyDelete