Tuesday, October 27, 2009

First Snow.......

When I got off work this is what it was doing.......
Those white spots are NOT a defect in my camera those were the flakes that were falling. Where is a hot tub when you need one? When we had our hot tub we waited for flakes like that to fall and then we would run out and jump in. There is nothing better then sitting in a hot tub with the snow falling all around you.

These were the bushes in front of my house.........
As long as I can remember I have always loved snow. I wait anxiously every fall/winter for the snow to fall. Besides sitting in the hot tub my other favorite thing to do when it is snowing is go out for a walk. It is so quiet and peaceful when it is snowing.

I do have to admit though that I don't like to drive in snow except when we had our big 4 wheel drive Ford Bronco. That I loved to drive in the snow! Shoveling the snow isn't too bad, except for the end of my driveway after the plows have make their final pass.

Today's snow made me think of a first snow a couple of years ago. It was on December 8, 2007. I didn't think we were ever going to get snow. That day it snowed it only left MAYBE one inch, if that much, on the ground. I was watching Leslie's kids for her for some reason.

When they got to my house of course they wanted to go out and play in the snow. After a little while Cambria came running into the house and told me she needed a carrot. I asked her what for and she told me for the snowman they had built.

All I could think was that there wasn't enough snow to build a snowman. So I went out to see just what they had done. So when I came out I brought my camera (because I figured this would be a good photo opp) this is what I was met with.....
Can you see that tiny little snowman in Cambria's hand????? The snow you see flying in the air was the "snowballs" they had made and threw at me when I came out. I'm pretty sure they gathered up ALL the snow in my backyard just to make that tiny snowman.

Just goes to show you that there is nothing a kid can't do if they put their mind to it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment