Sunday, December 19, 2010

Still catching up.....

Tuesday Dec. 14th.....

I had made a hair appointment last week for today at 4:15 forgetting that the Relief Society Christmas program was at 6.  So I called Jen and asked her if she could move it up any ( I REALLY needed to get my hair done) She said she could have me come at 2:30, YAY!  My bosses are so great and they let me burn a couple of hours of vacation so I could go to my "appointment" (that's all they needed to know).

I love going to Jen's salon "The Best Little Hair House".  They had it all decorated for Christmas and they were all wearing Christmas tshirts with funny sayings on them. When she got done with the color and cut she asked me if I wanted her to style it....duh....of course I did.  My hair looked fabulous.  If I had all the money in the world I would hire someone to do my hair and makeup everyday.......oh and of course someone to clean my house.  But if I couldn't afford both I would definitely hire someone for hair and makeup.

The Christmas program was very nice.  Carol asked me to play Christmas music (anything I wanted to) for a half hour while the ladies looked at all the Nativities that were on display. There were some Nativity sets from all over the world that the ladies had brought. 

I love playing 'background' music because I do not get nervous because I figure no one is really listening to me play.  But as they all got done looking at the Nativities they came into the chapel and sat and just listened to me...then I get a little nervous.

We have some very talented people in our ward.  Mary R played "O Holy Night' on her sax with her brother in law on the piano.  I played for Jodi and her sister Amber as they sang "When Mary Sang Her Lullaby".  Rhonda played her guitar and sang "In the Bleak Mid-Winter".  My favorite was Martha playing the piano and singing "Silent Night".  She has an absolutely knock out voice!  There were several other performances all very good.  Those were just my favorites.

Afterward we had refreshment....everyone was asked to ring their favorite cookies. I live in such a fun ward and have some great friends.  It was a nice evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment