Saturday, December 11, 2010

Annual take the grandchildren Christmas shopping.....part 2

Today started out with our ward Christmas party.  We usually have it in the evening and have turkey with all the trimmings but this year they decided to have a breakfast instead.  Don't they think any of us like to sleep in?  I love a good breakfast but I usually have it for dinner.  I sat with Carol H. and her family.  The company was good, the program was good.  I got to accompany Carol's daughter Emily while she sang (beautiful song, beautiful voice). 

The food........not so much as far as a GOOD breakfast is concerned. They served french toast sticks (the one you buy in the big boxes in the frozen section), scrambled eggs (powdered eggs) with ham and cut up red and green apples.

Today was also the day that I was taking Jax and Trevon to do their Christmas shopping.  Jamie and the boys got here about noon.  We went to lunch first at Subway (sniff, I sure miss Taco Time, sniff).  Then I took Jax shopping first.

He is growing up so fast.  He is almost as tall as I am.  He knew exactly what he wanted to get everyone.  Once we were done getting every one's gifts he of course wanted to look around to see what HE would like.  This was very helpful when it came to helping Trevon decide what to get him.  Every time we saw anything Justin Bieber he would tell me that he wanted it so he could run over it with his bike :). 

Then it was Trevon's turn.  He was a lot quicker than last year and knew pretty much what he wanted to get everyone.  He wanted to get Patrick a movie so we went over to the electronics department.  He told me to go over to the $5 movie dump (he was riding in the shopping cart).  So I pushed him up, expecting him to start digging through the movies.  Nope, he just stood there, staring at the bin.  He did this for a couple minutes, didn't move just stared at the bin of movies.  I'm pretty sure he was using his super powers in hope a good movie would pop up magically.

When we got done with his shopping he then told me that he wanted to buy his present now.  I think I had this conversation with both Gunner and Braxton too.  He (also like his cousins) immediately told Jax what he got him the minute he saw him.......  Does no one know how to keep a secret?!

We came home and they split up to wrap their gifts.  Jax wrapped by himself.  He does a really good job to.  I want him to wrap all my presents.  Trevon needed a little help, but he was great with the tape.  

They had to leave right after that because Mister (their dog) had surgery and Jamie needed to get home to him.  Poor puppy :(

So now all the Christmas shopping is completed.  Except....... I still have Paul and Patrick, they are the hardest ones to get gifts for.

No comments:

Post a Comment