Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Birthday Weekend.....

Sorry this is late, I tried to post it a couple of days ago but my internet was freaking out on me. 

This last weekend was Cambria's and my birthday, the 28th is mine and the 29th is Cam's.  We have started when possible to have a birthday sleepover. 

So Saturday Miss Cambria came over and we went to see "Despicable Me" in 3d.  It was very cute and Cambria really enjoyed it.  Then Cambria wanted to go to Walmart to look at board games.  We bought Yahtzee (I used to have it but I don't know what ever happened to it).  Then she wanted to check out the DVDs to see if there was something good for us to watch. We found "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squequel"  After that we of course had to find a snack for later, we got ice cream.  Yes I know, I'm a sucker.  But what are grandma's for?!

After a quick trip home to drop off our goodies we went to Beijing Buffet for dinner......YUM!

When we got home we played Yahtzee.  I have never rolled so many Yahtzee's.  Cambria only rolled one.  When we play we fill up a whole scorecard.  By the end of the game Cambria was getting quite creative on how she shook the dice, with just one thing in mind....GET A YAHTZEE!




After our game we got our jammies on and put on the movie and ate our ice cream.  I'd like to tell you if I liked the movie or not but Cambria fell asleep about 20 minutes into it and I fell asleep shortly after.

The first thing Cambria wanted to do the next morning was have a rematch at Yahtzee.  She declared because it was her birthday, she would get ALL the Yahtzee's.  Right off the bat I rolled a Yahtzee.  After that she was trying everything to roll one. 

She said the kitchen towel on her head gave her good luck...who knew?  She did roll 5 Yahtzee's.

Then we got ready for church.  Here she is looking quite cute, if I do say so myself.


Afterwards we went to her house were Leslie was having a family birthday party for Cam.  Cambria didn't want a regular birthday cake, she wanted either peach cobbler or apple crisp.  Leslie made apple crisp with vanilla ice cream....heaven!

When everyone went home, Leslie and the kids invited me to go to Denny's for dinner with them.  Denny's is not one of my favorite places to eat, but to spend time with my family I made the best of it. :)

2 comments:

  1. That's a really cute dress she's wearing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a pretty young lady.

    What a fun time for the two of you, and what a great gift - to spend time together, just the two of you.

    ReplyDelete