Sunday, August 15, 2010

My Weekend.....

I keep getting stuck watching Mister (Jamie's dog).  Friday Jamie came into town because she was getting together with her Brigham friends and their kids to have a BBQ/Birthday party for Jax (whose birthday is the 18th). She came by the store to pick up a few things and told me I could come over to have some dinner.

Hey,  I'm always up for a free meal.  I headed over to Lisa's house and got to see Jax and Trevon.  A lot of Jamie's old friends from when she was in high school were there.  It was fun to see them all grown up and with their kids. 

But I never got to eat.  They didn't get the kabobs on the grill until 8:30 and I was getting tired and they were still waiting for a few friends to get there so I went home.  But Jamie made me take Mister with me. 

First she didn't bring his leash (my yard is not completely fenced in) and she said that he wouldn't run away, and if he did he always came back when he was called.  WRONG!  He ran away every time I had to take him out and he didn't come back when I called.  I would have to chase him, he would let me almost get to him and then he would start to run again.  D@#* dog!

I tried to get him to sleep on a blanket on the floor (because Jamie said he would) in my room but he would have none of that, so he slept with me.  Jamie and the boys came over about noon on Saturday.  We just hung out and watched movies and talked.  It was nice to spend time with them. 

They are doing some remodeling to our church house.  Today was my turn to play the organ for Sacrament meeting.  When I walked in Brent W. our 1st counselor in the bishopric stopped me to tell me that there was NO ORGAN to play today.  They have torn apart the pulpit area and the organ was sitting in the cultural hall.  Aw shucks, I was sooooo disappointed.........(not).  I would so much rather play the piano than the organ.  So they had a make shift podium and the grand was still in the chapel.  So I got to play the piano for the hymns. 

I also had to provide the musical number, I played Paul Cardall's arrangement of "Book of Mormon Stories".  It went well.  Before they tore up the pulpit area when you played the piano you were facing the congregation.  It was a little unnerving to try and play a musical number being able to see everyone staring at you.  Us much as I tried to block it out I could never quite do it totally.  Today the piano was turned sideways!  Yea, I didn't have to see hundreds of eyes staring back at me while I played.  It truly helped my nervousness (word?).  I know I have played A LOT of piano solos in my lifetime but I still get nervous, I try to get in my "zone" and block everything out and pretend like I'm playing in my house.  But that is a little hard when you have faces looking back at you around the music.

It was also my week to teach my cute little Primary class.  I love them to death!

Bill (Carol's husband) and Gary (Maron's husband), my home teachers, just left a little while ago.  We have a great time talking, and they are the best.

I am currently reading "The Way of Shadows" by Brent Weeks.  My friend Mo from work who reads constantly (he even reads as he walks) came by my window the other day and dropped this book on my desk and said that I should read this.  It's not too bad, fantasy/adventure, it's the first book in a trilogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment