Saturday, September 18, 2010

BEARS vs. BEES......................

So today Braxton's football team played the Bees.  He has been waiting for the chance all of his short life.  Paul played football for Bear River High.  Leslie was a Box Elder Rockette.  A match made in heaven. :)  Since my family moved here when I was a Junior in high school there has always been a rivalry between Box Elder and Bear River. 

Paul has conditioned his children to follow in his footsteps as Box Elder 'haters'.  Poor Leslie.  One day the kids were fighting over who was going to kill a bug and if they didn't they were 'Box Elder'!  Oh my.

I love to tease Braxton about this and always tell him I'm going to buy him a Box Elder tshirt and that he will have to wear it.  Last year at the county fair parade, the Bear River High football team had just gone by and Braxton turned to me and asked, "Grandma, when I play football will you be Bear River?"  Well how can I say no to that?

One of my favorite pictures that Leslie sent me on my phone was of her wearing her Bear River tshirt and her Box Elder Rockette sweatpants.  She said when she came downstairs in them Paul asked her if she was neutral.  So that is what she labeled the picture she sent me, "I'm Neutral".

So today was the big game.  I donned my red Bear River tshirt and went out to Tremonton.  Leslie told Paul she was going to wear purple eye shadow (Box Elders colors are purple and white) with her BR tshirt.  He told her that was okay, but if they lost it would be her fault.  So she didn't.

Here are the Bears coming onto the field.....

Here is Paul (black tshirt) out for the coin toss....

The face off.........

Braxton plays defense and he was on the field the majority of the game.  Bear River and Bees held each other off all through the first two quarters of the game.  But that all changed after the half.  Bear River made the first touchdown of the game!  Here is a very excited Paul, Braxton is #49......

After that touchdown it just went back and forth until the end of the game when they were tied 12 to 12.  So they went into overtime.  With this league of football overtime means that each team gets four tries from the 10 yard line to score.  Well, BOTH teams scored so we had to go into another overtime.  After the second one it was still tied 18 to 18.  That is how the game ended, a draw.  But Braxton played hard and made some very good plays.  It was a good game.

Here is Leslie with Braxton after the game.........

Here I am with my Bear River Bear!  Red has always been my favorite color, really it has!

1 comment: