Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Bear River youth football......

Saturday I went out to Tremonton to watch Braxton play football.  When I got to Leslie's house they were all busy getting ready for the game. Paul (who helps coach) and Braxton were already gone.  Cambria is putting on lip gloss (which we all know is an important part of getting ready to watch a football game), Leslie is attacking Gunner's hair and Gunner is popping bubble wrap (or at least trying to while his mom does his hair).  I too was wearing a Bear River t-shirt.....sorry Box Elder but my loyalties are having to change.


Here is Braxton's team warming up ........

Here they are running through the banner onto the field.....Leslie is out there holding the banner and Gunner.....

#49 (black gloves)...That's my boy, ready to start playing, he's on defense.

Paul giving instructions to the boys...Braxton right up front listening to his dad..so cute....

After the game the mom's form a 'tunnel' and the team runs through it after they shake hands with the other team.....Leslie is in there somewhere.

Braxton played hard and made quite a few tackles and recovered a fumble, which he proudly told me when he came off the field to let offense go out.  Unfortunately they lost this game, but they played hard and had fun. 

The game was at 5:15pm and it was still 94 degrees and no shade with the sun right in our faces.  I came home a little pinker than when I went out (yes I forgot sunscreen). 

I don't know much about football, because my girls did not play :).  When I was in high school, football games were more of a social thing than actually watching the game.  When Leslie was in high school I went to the games long enough to watch her perform in the half time and then I left.  So this will be a learning experience for me.  Every time the ref's threw a flag up I had to keep asking 'why?'.

No comments:

Post a Comment