Monday, May 31, 2010

A Sleepover with........Mister???????

So another week has come and gone and we are hitting the halfway mark for the year.  Time is flying by way too fast.

My co-worker Jade (UPC clerk) decided not to come back from her LOA.  She is going to be a stay at home mom.  While I am very happy for her....I'm a little sad for me.  This means that I will be doing both jobs from now on since she won't be replaced.  I will truly miss her, she is such a good friend and she gave me a lot of help and encouragement during my change in jobs.

Saturday evening Jamie came to hang with her friend Monica and I took the boys to see Shrek in 3D.  I hate to admit this, but it was the first movie I have seen in 3D.  My favorite part of the movie......Hearing Jax crack up.  Trevon had a little trouble getting his 3D glasses to stay on, they were a little too big for his face.  The boys thought is was a very good movie.  Me, it was cute and I laughed and I liked Fiona better as a the tough leader of the Ogre's, she could kick some butt.

After the movie I dropped Jax off at Johnny's and took Trevon back to Monica's cause he wanted to see his mom and play with Monica's kids.  Monica and Jamie have been friends since they were 5.  Recently Monica's house caught on fire and they have just finished rebuilding.  I of course had to go in and snoop have her show me around.  It is beautiful and I am so glad that they have a home again.  I stayed and gossiped talked for a while.  It was very fun catching up and hearing all the latest about people we all knew.

Because we thought that the boy's were going to spend the night and Jamie would come over later to crash they had brought Mister (their Chihuahua).  So when I got home I got to have some quality time with Mister.  I went to bed and of course Mister had to sleep with me.  This is tough for me cause I am just not used to anyone or thing sleeping in my bed.  Every time I moved Mister would be right up against me a minute later.  When Jamie and Trevon came in (I'm pretty sure it was about 4am) Mister promptly jumped out of my bed and ran to Jamie.  I'd like to say it hurt my feelings but....YAY!  I had my bed to myself!

So yesterday I had to do the musical number for Sacrament meeting so I went early to get one of the pages copied because I HATE to have to turn the pages.  I was coming back down the stairs from the library thinking about my solo and then I saw Edris at the bottom of the stairs so I was grumbling at her for getting me to do this. I was not paying attention to where I was walking and my heel got caught on the carpet on the stair and I went flying head first down the stairs.

Okay....this was not one of my finer moments.  The worst part about it was Edris and her husband and someone else (I'm at a blank as to who) got to watch the whole thing.  It is so much better to have a clumsy moment with no audience. When I fell I also let out a yell so it brought even MORE people over to see what happened.  Oh my!  The next thing I knew Edris' husband was running to me and asking me if I was okay.  I looked around and told him I was fine, just embarrassed. I was also hoping nothing was showing that shouldn't be.  I jumped up before I even had a chance to see if I was hurting anywhere.  Later as I sat in Sacrament meeting different parts of my body were starting to ache. 

When it was time for me to go up to the piano I had to go up 2 stairs.  My friend John Valberg was sitting on the stand next to his wife Carol (one of the choristers).  He had been one of the people to run to my rescue.  I looked at him as I was going up the stairs and quietly told him that I wouldn't fall this time.  He just quietly laughed. 

I played Paul Cardall's arrangement of "God Our Father, Hear Us Pray".  It went well and I DIDN'T fall down the stairs on my way back to my seat afterwards.  When we were leaving the chapel, John walked by me and shook my hand and started to laugh again.  I told him that I was so glad that I could entertain him today.

When I got home and changed my clothes....I found I have a huge bruise on the side of my knee.  It hurts and is really ugly.  I had to take some Tylenol before I went to bed to help with all the aches.  Today I feel pretty good my right arm aches and my knee still hurts but the rest of the aches have gone away.

Dale J. sent me the next song for me to try.  It's "Emmanuel".  I have been having a lot of fun working with him.  It is giving me new music and new challenges. Plus I've made a new friend.

1 comment:

  1. If I don't have all 3 dogs in bed with me at night, I walk around the house to find them. I have to sleep with my pack.

    ReplyDelete