Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day weekend........

Saturday Cambria had another day of team competitions but Leslie also had a wedding to go to at 4 so I stayed home so I could watch the boys.  Jamie went with Leslie and took care of Cambria after Leslie had to leave and then Cambria spent the night at Jamie's. 

Braxton was a little upset because Cambria was getting to have a sleepover at Jamie's so I told Leslie to let the boys sleepover at my house.  It would be her Mother's Day present.  The boys were so excited that they didn't want to wait until 3 to come over.

When they got here we played outside (it was actually a nice day).  Braxton brought his scooter and his football.  Braxton is all excited because he is going to get to play football this fall, so he was busy kicking and throwing his football around. 

They were really pretty good and went to sleep at a reasonable hour.  Sunday morning they fought played with each other (which Leslie says is the norm for them).  It didn't matter what toy Braxton had, Gunner wanted it too.  I had them pick out a movie, hoping it would settle them down.....didn't happen.  Then they sat on the couch and wrestled with each other and fighting about who was going to sit where.

Sunday afternoon Jamie had a bar-b-que at her place. She always puts on a great bar-b-que.  Patrick is the grill man and he is pretty good at it.  We had ribs, chicken, hot dogs, green salad, fruit salad and chips.  Angel came as well and Leslie and her family.  The kids had a great time playing together. 

It turned out to be a very nice Mother's Day.  I am so proud of my girls and the mother's that they have become.  They are my best friends.

I just finished sending the feedback to Dale J. on "Here We Go A Wassailing".  I can't wait to see what the next song he sends me is.

I am currently reading "Tempted" by P.C. and Kristin Cast.  This is the 6th book in the House of Night series.

No comments:

Post a Comment