Monday, August 31, 2009

Birthday Weekend Part 2

So.......the rest of the weekend went like this.......

Friday after we hurried and traded the beds around Cambria and I left because we were going to the 4:40 showing of "Shorts". It is definitely a movie for kids, but it was still entertaining. Cambria cracked up a couple of times and kept repeating her favorite lines throughout the night.

After the movie we had dinner at Taco Time (Cambria's choice). There we had a lively conversation about the movie and our plans for the rest of the night.

We then made a trip to Walmart (were else?) and bought the fixin's for banana splits and some other treats to tide us over until Saturday.

At home we both played on the computer. One of Cambria's favorite things to do is pull up the music she likes on You Tube and then show me the dances that her and her cousin Shay make up to them. Then we made our banana splits and got in our jammies and headed downstairs. We then watched "The Wizards of Waverly Place Movie". Cambria had been waiting for this and there was even a countdown on the Disney Channel.

Cambria was the first one to try out sleeping on the mattress and she thought is was quite comfy. In fact she said that there probably wasn't enough room for Braxton and Gunner to sleep on it. Yea right it's a full size....I told her we could always turn it sideways and so she then demonstrated how close her feet were to hanging over the edge.

I slept on the couch (yes, I know I had a new bed just waiting for me) but it was just Cambria and I felt like since it was a sleepover we should be in the same room. I made it until about 2am and then I could not find a comfortable position on that couch so I headed upstairs and threw a sheet on the bed (I hadn't had time to make it we had been so busy) and gave it a try.....I was in HEAVEN!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately the new bed didn't help me to sleep in past 7 (it's my curse) and Cambria was up about a half hour behind me. We then went to Bert's Cafe for breakfast. I had my favorite..Johnson's Hash browns and a scone with honey butter.

We went to the Distribution Center and I bought her first scriptures that I will officially give her next Saturday when she gets baptized and confirmed. I just wanted her to pick out what color she wanted. Then we stopped by the book store and dropped them off so I could have her name engraved on them.

Leslie came and picked her up about noon to take her to lunch. Then I went out to Tremonton for her cake and ice cream party.

One of the highlights of the party was actually after everyone went home but me. Braxton who is a huge Transformer fan got on the computer and pulled up Linkin Park's "New Divide" Transformer Video for me to see. Well the minute the video started Gunner came running up and jumped up on the stool next to Braxton and started rocking out. Head banging, screaming, standing on the stool and dancing and doing something with his hands that may or may not have been a 2 year old's version of air guitaring. It was hilarious. Braxton and Gunner both rocking out and both of them were singing the lyrics along with the video. I had Braxton play it again and grabbed Leslie's camera and took pictures and videoed it. I hope she can post it on her blog because it was priceless.

They were taking Cambria and 2 of her friends to the rodeo. Paul, who is a born and raised Tremonton boy got all "Cowboy'ed up". He only does this every year for the rodeo and sometimes when they go to certain concerts. He looked great but I think that he felt bad because no on else was dressed accordingly. Leslie being the good wife and sport that she is, changed her clothes to the closest thing she had to cowboy. Paul was putting on his cowboy boots and Braxton who has to be just like dad asked Leslie if he could put on his snow boots. She of course said no that they were not cowboy boots and he insisted that they looked just like cowboy boots....really they look just like snow boots. That just goes to show you how much like his dad he wants to be.

I'll be placing bets that next year for the rodeo both Braxton and Gunner have cowboy gear to wear like their dad.

Sunday I went to church. I didn't have to play the organ but I did have to accompany Michelle. It went very well. "Be Still My Soul" is such a pretty song and her sweet soprano voice made it even prettier. One of my favorite families spoke in Sacrament meeting. The Simpson's, I have had their 2 oldest in Primary and I have Sophie this year in my class that just leaves the youngest that I haven't taught. Michelle was my visiting teacher for many years and we have become great friends. The talks were good, especially Michelle and her husband's. They talked about adversity in our lives and said some things that I needed to hear.

My new co-teacher Susan taught the lesson this week. She was great and the kids loved her. I had to help substitute playing the piano for Primary. Letty played for Junior Primary, while I was with my class and then I came down and relieved her and played for Senior Primary.

The rest of the day I just relaxed and recharged (and did my laundry). It was a fun filled non stop birthday weekend for both Cambria and I.

1 comment:

  1. Cute blog!!

    That was one of the best sacrament meetings we've had in a long time I think. I definitely felt recharged afterwards.

    Glad you had a good birthday!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete