Wednesday, August 26, 2009

County Fair

I've driven out to Tremonton 3 times so far this week.

Monday I went out after work because Leslie had appointments until 9 and so I went out to help. The kids were good. Gunner was bouncing off the walls, he was so full of energy. At one point in the evening Gunner went upstairs for a minute and when he came back down he had taken his diaper off and was running free and easy. What is it with boys always wanting to be naked???? I had to chase him down to get a diaper back on him.

Today was the beginning of the Box Elder County Fair. Cambria was once again dancing in the parade so I being the good grandma that I am went out to support her. She was awesome as always. When she got back to us after she got done she told Les that she didn't want to dance in the parade next year because she was too hot. Well we'll see.

The parade is known as the candy parade because the people in the parade throw candy to the kids along the route. The kids love this and bring bags specifically for the gathering of the goodies thrown. It gives them enough candy to tide them over until Halloween if they're lucky.

The funniest thing that happened during the parade was at one point the people walking along the parade route were throwing ?fortune cookies? to the crowd. Braxton ran over to pick the one up in front of me and when he saw that it was a fortune cookie and not candy, grunted in disgust and threw it back on the ground.

Gunner loved the parade and the candy. He was eating it as fast as he could. When he goes to unwrap a piece of candy he doesn't use his hands like you think he would. He uses his teeth to pull the paper off and if there is still paper on the candy, oh well, it all goes in his mouth. I'm pretty sure he is in a sugar coma as I write this.

One of the other things you can get at the parade are Popsicles handed out by Kents Market. So you get a cool tasty treat while you sit in the hot sun watching the horses and tractors go by.

I left right after the parade. It is too crowded to go to the fair on parade day. I will probably go back out tomorrow night. I've got a few friends with pictures entered that I want to see and Dave J.'s band is playing tomorrow night. Plus there is all that great "Fair Food" just waiting to be eaten. Jade and I were talking at work today about all the great food you can get at the fair and we decided that they needed to come up with a "Tasters Ticket" so you could just buy a ticket and present it at every food boothe and get a sample of what they have.

When I got home, Carol H. came over with Le Ann to deliver a birthday card from the Relief Society Presidency and sang happy birthday to me even though it is a few days early. They are so funny. I was a little indisposed when they came to the door so I couldn't answer it right away. Well Le Ann was going to leave but Carol (who is getting braver by the day) just came to the back door and opened it and yelled for me. Which is a little different than usual because normally she just comes all the way in the house. Teaches me for not locking the doors when I get home. Le Ann thought this was quite bold of Carol because she has never before witnessed it. I asked her if she has met my crazy neighbor Carol. She said that she hadn't but was seeing a whole new side to her.

Have I told you what great neighbors I have lately?

2 comments: