Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A very blustery day........

Last Friday was Cambria's first solo dance competition of the season. It was held in Logan at USU (Utah State) in the Spectrum.

I took half a day off from work because the competition started at 2:30 and we had to be there at least an hour before it started. I got out to Leslie's and she was getting Gunner ready. I thought the boys were not going to come to this one but at the last minute Cambria wanted them to come because she wanted more people to be there for her (even if they were her little brothers).

So we had to go get Braxton out of school. When Leslie came out with him he did not look happy. Most kids would be thrilled to get out of school early but Braxton was upset because they were going to take a test and then paint later. I can understand the painting part but upset because he was missing a test? When we stopped to get some drinks Braxton asked, "So why do I have to go and watch Cambria?" He really wanted to take that test (I'm not even kidding on this)

Here is Cambria in this years costume. Isn't she the cutest?!

This is her at the end. She has such good stage presence, and the judges agreed.

Here she is with her second attendant trophy for the 6-8yr intermediate group.

The boys were pretty good. Gunner loved to go up and down the empty aisles and put all the seats down. He ended up falling asleep for the last hour of the competition. Braxton just sat there and rocked out to the music. He also got so excited watching this HUGE spider or some kind of bug (and it was huge cause we could see it from where we were sitting) crawl across the floor while the girls danced. He made sure to point it out to Cambria before she went over to get ready for her turn.

Afterwards Cambria wanted to go eat at A&W. She always likes to go there after competitions. I think for the root beer floats, which is a pretty good reason.

There are more pictures of the day on my facebook if you want to see them.

Saturday morning I got up and drove to Layton to spend some time with Jamie and the boys. When I walked in Trevon was waiting for me at the door and gave me a big hug and kiss and then Jax came running down the stairs and did the same. It's the best, getting loves from your grandchildren!

We went to lunch at Cafe Rio. My first time there and all I can say is I wish we had one in Brigham. Jamie insisted on ordering for me and we got these huge salads. I couldn't even finish mine, we probably should have split one. It was so good.

Then we went to Old Navy to do some shopping. Jamie picked up several things for the boys. I actually got to see the WALL O FLIP FLOPS. It goes from floor to ceiling and is at least 12 feet wide stuffed with every size, pattern, and color of flip flops that you could imagine for 2 for $5. I bought a red and a bronze pair. Then we found some wedgie flip flops so I bought a black pair.

I also bought a long sundress (we used to call them maxi dresses back when I was in high school). When I got home and tried it on it fit better than I expected and I wish I would have bought another one. It will be nice for our vacation this summer.

That afternoon we just hung out. Jax played on his laptop and Trevon played the Wii. We watched a couple of movies, had pizza for dinner. At one point while we were watching TV Jax came over and just gave me a big hug. I asked him is he was ok and he said he just wanted to give me a hug cause he loved me. I'm just soaking those up because he is almost 11 and I have a feeling hugs and kisses for grandma might not happen so much. Jamie went out with her girlfriends and I spent the night. It was a fun time.

Sunday it was my turn at the organ and Laura called a half hour before the meeting and changed two of the hymns on me. It was also my week to teach class. My kids are so much fun.

I have missed the last 2 Sundays because I've been sick and didn't want to spread it around my class. It started out as a cold and turned into a sinus infection. When I walked into the class they were all so happy to see me and Amelia handed me a picture she had colored for me. I love my class!

It has been windy all day today and there is a fire in Davis county (or some county south of us) and because of the wind it is all smokey and yucky here. It even smells like smoke in my house and my Scentsy just doesn't seem to be helping.

Right now I am reading "Angels and Demons" by Dan Brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment