Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010...a new year.......what will it bring?

Well I have certainly slacked off on my entries lately.

Christmas day was quiet as usual. I just layed around and watch TV all day.

I had another 3 day weekend over New Years.

New Years Eve I went out to Leslie's after I got off work so that I could watch the kids while she and Paul went up to Lava for the night. The kids were great. We had mac and cheese for dinner. Then we put on our jammies and watched TV and played. The puppy thinks everything is a chew toy so you have to keep the things you don't want chewed on up off the floor.

Cambria wanted to stay up to see the ball drop at Time Square but she was asleep before 10. I stayed up of course so that I could give Jamie her Happy Birthday call at midnight. I slept in Leslie's room and just about the time I was laying down to sleep Gunner woke up wanting a drink and to go potty. Then he wanted to sleep with me. It is amazing how much of a queen size bed a 2 year old can take up. I kept waking up on the edge of the bed with Gunner right up against me. I would gently move him over and about an hour later he was pushing me out of the bed again!

New Years day the kids were up early (they managed to get a good nights sleep) it was snowing and Les and Paul didn't get home until noon, but they made it back safely. We watched the Rose Parade and the kids loved it. I ordered a couple of pizzas from Pizza Plus (best pizza) and of course an order of their cheesy bread sticks. The food arrived at the same time as Les and Paul, I couldn't have asked for better timing.

After I got home (to a plowed driveway, thanks to my great neighbors!) I was so tired I slept most of the afternoon since there were no 2 year olds to push me out of bed.

Saturday was the Primary breakfast and this was the first year that I have been able to go. When I was in Personnel I always had to work the Saturday after New Years.

The bishopric cooked for all the kids and teachers. We had pancakes, sausage, fruit and your choice of orange juice, milk or chocolate milk. Then the teachers sat with their new classes for the year. I am still teaching with Susan and we have the Valiant 9 class. It is 4 girls and 1 boy and they are the cutest kids. I told Cambria if she went to my ward I would be teaching her class, it is the same age group.

After eating we went up to our new classroom and played a getting to know you game and then we had a scavenger hunt. It was a lot of fun. Afterwards we had a quick meeting with the Primary presidency and got our new lesson manuals.

That evening I watched Leslie's kids again since she and Paul had to go to a wedding reception and then out to eat. They even brought the puppy who has decided that I am his best friend since New Years. He only wanted to sit in my lap and chew on my hands. No matter what I gave him to chew on he always managed to come back to my hands. He even drew blood a couple of times and received a quick smack on the nose.

This year our meetings aren't until 1pm. Yay, I get to sleep in on Sundays! It was my turn at the organ and also to teach the lesson.

For the last year the class we had been teaching were a little on the rowdy side. As I would come up the stairs I could hear my class and our classroom was halfway down the hall. Today I walked in to five little children sitting nicely in their chairs being very quiet. I thought I was in heaven. Then Amelia came up to Susan and I and handed us a picture that she had colored for both of us. We had a good lesson and I am looking forward to this next year. We are going to have so much fun.

Well tomorrow it's back to a five day work week. Those holiday weeks were nice. Our inventory is Feb. 24th. It is my first inventory as invoice clerk. I am trying not to stress over it too much but you know me.....plus I only got scheduled 35 hours this week. I need 40 for so many reasons and that is stressing me out also. At least I didn't get my hours cut to 32 like some full timers did.

1 comment:

  1. Time to update! What's happening with your audit? Oh the stress! Tell me all about it!

    ReplyDelete