Saturday, July 9, 2011

I played the tambourine.....

This last week has been pretty uneventful....

I had to work on the 4th and then I just came home and was lazy. Jamie and the boys were doing stuff with her friends and Leslie's gang was camping.  I didn't even stay up to watch the fireworks from my bedroom window.  I know....BORING!  But that's my life when I have no one to do anything with.

Tuesday I had to have a root canal.  It went smoothly, although they had to put this wedge in my mouth because I couldn't open it big enough  for him to see the tooth.  Not pleasant and my jaw is still a little sore.  I woke up Wednesday at 2am with the most horrific headache, and when I called the dentist he told me that sometimes instead of the tooth hurting from the procedure it will manifest somewhere else.  Lucky me.  It lasted until about 6 that evening.  I have to go back Monday for the first appointment for the crown.  Fun times.....

Conly was working overnights to set the back to school mods so I was by myself for lunch everyday.  I got to know some of the new people I work with better.  I had lunch with Amie our GM receiving clerk and she is great.  On Friday I went to Applebee's with her and Beth our UPC/Claims clerk.  So although it was quiet without Conly, I got to know some new people.

Last night Jeremy's band American Attic was playing at the Smithfield's Relay For Life.  I asked my friend Cathi is she wanted to go.  We headed over early and had dinner at Olive Garden.  Then headed out to Smithfield.  Forgetting that we were heading further north we forgot jackets and it got a little chilly by the time we headed home, also the grass was soaking wet and our toes were numb because of course we had on sandals.

I have still yet to hear the whole band play together. Last night two of the members couldn't make it, their drummer and other guitarist.. But one of the old members-Robert was back from his professor gig in Iowa for a visit so Jeremy had him play keyboard.  He is very good too.  Their other guitarist, Jesse, was there. They were very entertaining.  The first thing that happened was the announcer got the bands name wrong when he introduced them and called them "Attic Attack" instead of "American Attic"......

There is not a big crowd at these things because everyone is either walking or shopping the booths but when Jeremy started to play these little teeny bopper girls came over in their pajama pants and sweatshirts (see they knew it was going to be cold).  So Jesse handed them their tambourine. The little girl giggles and starts to play it.....I looked at Cathi and we started to laugh. The girl had NO sense of rhythm at all.  They finally got tired of the tambourine and handed it to us.

After Jeremy had played a couple numbers the teeny boppers shouted out if he knew any Eminem (sp?). We started laughing and then Jeremy being the good sport he is, did his best at rapping, hilarious!  Then they shouted "where's the Bieber?!"  Cathi and I lost it at this point and couldn't stop laughing.  Jeremy had the weirdest look on his face, we found out later that he thought they had shouted "Where's the BEAVER?!"
Oh My.......:)

No comments:

Post a Comment