Sunday, March 6, 2011

If nothing changes...nothing changes...a new challenge.........

So after a weekend of torturing myself with the pros and cons of taking a job back in Ogden I had my interview on Monday.  It went so smoothly!  I had 4 managers there and they each asked questions.  It was Josh, who will be the new store manager and he was an assistant at the Perry store, Vanessa, who has been an assistant manager in the Perry store, Paul and Chris.  They asked the questions and I shot the answers right back at them, no ums, or awkward pauses.  It was even FUN!

 I was at peace for the first time in about a week. I knew then that if they offered me the position I would take it.

Then the wait....I am not a patient person and waiting for the phone call to tell me if I did get the job or if I sucked didn't was almost worse than trying to decide if I should go or not.  I just wanted to know!  So Thursday afternoon I got a call from Paul telling me the position was mine if I wanted it!  Yay!!!!!  I will be starting when they take possession of the new store on April 11th. My friend Jeanell is already down there at the hiring center, she is the new personnel manager! 

The present store management was not happy with my decision.  They are losing a lot of key and good people to the new store.

Don't get me wrong.....I will miss the Perry store and my friends that I leave behind, but this is something I have to do for me on so many levels.  I am not the same person I was a year ago and it's time for a change.

So I will be a commuter once again.  It will not be a long drive and when the bad weather hits I will just have to put on my big girl panties and do it!  I've done it before. There will also be the possibility of car pooling with some of the others that will be going or maybe I will check out the bus routes and see if one will work for me.  Who knows what adventures await!?

2 comments:

  1. It will be so good for you! YOu will do well. You have been in upper positions before. You could be manager of the store :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay you for stepping out of your comfort zone!

    congrats and good luck

    ReplyDelete