Saturday, March 12, 2011

Dinner at Leslie's......

Yesterday morning at work I received a text from Leslie saying that Paul was working grave and that I should come out and she would do my nails, make dinner and watch a movie.  Sounded good to me...

So after I got done with my workout I headed out to Leslie's.  I kept getting texts from Miss Cambria wondering when I was going to arrive.  I was greeted at the door with huge hugs and kisses from Cambria and Braxton (this is honestly one of the best things about being a grandma). Gunner had fallen asleep on the couch.

So I went over to Gunner and started whispering in his ear to wake up.  I noticed by his head on the couch was a pile of change and when he rolled over a penny a dime and quarter were stuck to his face :). He started to wake up but wouldn't open his eyes.  So I asked him if I could give him a kiss and he just shook his head yes.  Then I asked him if I could give him a hug and he just shook his head yes.  Then I asked him if I could pick him up and hold him and he finally opened his eyes and held up his arms.

When he was fully awake he told me that the money on the couch was out of his jar and he wanted to show me how he could count it. Braxton was watching and when Gunner started counting the coins (not the value of the coins but the number of coins) Braxton said that he was doing it wrong.  Gunner just ignored him and kept counting.

Leslie made cabbage rolls and strawberry shortcake for dinner.  Very Yummy!

After we ate I had a quick tour of the house so she and the kids could show me the things they had done since the last time I was there.

Then Leslie took me into her salon (which she now has in her house) and did my nails.  She has this new polish called Shellac. It isn't acrylic so it doesn't build up or lengthen your nails.  It is like a gel polish so that you have to file the tops of the nail a bit to roughen them up so the polish will adhere better but it doesn't thin them out like when you get acrylic nails. Then you put a bottom coat, 2 coats of the polish and a top coat.  After each coat is put on you have to put your nails under a UV light for 2 minutes to set the gel.  It took about a half hour for her to do my nails this way. Acrylic takes an hour to do. When they are done you have a VERY shiny polished nail and the best part is they were dry and hard the minute they were done.  No having to be careful because you might mess up your newly polished nails. 

This is really perfect for me.  I love to have nice nails. With the acrylic it ads thickness and length which is nice for a while but then my nails get too long and they get in the way of many of the things I do. The main one being playing the piano.  Pianist CANNOT have long nails.  So the Shellac is perfect, I can have my short non existent nails and they look pretty and the Shellac lasts a lot longer than just regular nail polish.  Cambria picked out my color for me, a nice pink.

After that Braxton had decided that we should play a game, so on the couch he had laid out 3 games for us to choose from.  We played Trouble.  Gunner just wanted to push the bubble that rolled the dice and tell us what number it was.  At one point in the game Braxton kept moving his piece the wrong number of spaces.  Leslie said to him, "Braxton, you don't know how to count!"  He replied, "I know mom, it's cause I'm color blind!"  How do you possibly reply to that?!?! :)

Cambria won, I came in second and Leslie came in third.  The "color blind" kid came in last, he was more worried about trying to send us all back to the beginning then getting all his pieces home.

No comments:

Post a Comment