Friday, January 21, 2011

Happy New Year and Happy Birthday Jamie.......

So I spent New Years Eve watching Braxton and Gunner (Cambria had a sleepover to attend). We celebrated by watching their favorite movies and having Munchies (this is what they are called, Braxton picked them out), Chips Ahoy cookies (picked out by Gunner) and pizza and bread sticks.

Braxton tried to stay awake until midnight but didn't quite make it. He fell asleep around 10:30.  I stayed up as always so that I could give Jamie her "Happy Birthday" call at midnight.

New Years day the boys helped me make Jamie's birthday cake.  Then that afternoon we had a little cake and ice cream party for Jamie.  Angel, Leslie and Paul came (Cambria was still at her friends), Jamie's friends Paula and Lisa showed up too.

Jamie requested confetti cake and Neapolitan ice cream.  Here she is blowing out her candles..

Ignore the fact that her cake said she is 35....I had a mental moment and bought the wrong candles (I had Braxton and Gunner with me when I was shopping) she is really 34 this year.

I have been released from Primary and I am now the Relief Society's music leader.  Yes I still have to play the organ and accompany the choir.  I've been a little nervous about this new calling.  I have always played the music NEVER lead the music.  That being said....

When I went to church the next day, the heat was not working properly and the Primary room was only 50 degrees so they moved the children to the cultural hall (gym).  They also decided to take the piano out of the Relief Society room so the kids could sing.  That's just dandy, but what about the women?  Don't we need a piano so we can sing?

So my first Sunday leading the music in Relief Society was done a capella.  I wanted to cry.  I don't sing...not unless you count what I do with the radio in my car....  Yes I've sung in choirs, but when I do that I can just blend in.  So after having a small panic attack I got up and led the opening song.  I just picked a note and started singing and they all joined in.  After the meeting several of the women came up to me and told me that they loved the key I started the song in because they could actually sing the melody because it wasn't too high for them.  I was amazed that they actually thought I knew what key I was singing in......That's what I call being led by the Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment