Friday, January 14, 2011

Christmas Eve and Day...(almost there...)

Christmas Eve...
When I woke up I could here the kids giggling in the family room.  When I went downstairs, they all pretended to be asleep.  When I got to the bottom of the stairs they all jumped up and yelled "Merry Christmas Eve!"  They were all dressed and ready to go for the day (too bad I wasn't yet).

Here they are eating breakfast.....

I took them all to the matinee to see "Tangled". Cambria, Braxton and Gunner had seen it before (except Gunner fell asleep during it), but Jax and Trevon had not.  They all loved it and Gunner stayed awake all the way through this time.  It is my new favorite Disney movie.

Jamie came and picked up the boys after we got home from the movie.  We didn't do our traditional Christmas Eve because Jamie had her party to replace it.  So Leslie had invited me out to spend the night at her house so that I wouldn't be alone. 

When we got out to her house we went over to their new house so that Paul and Leslie could put one last coat of sealer on their hardwood floor. Because it has been rainy the last little bit it was soo muddy that our shoes were caked with it.  We had to leave our shoes on the porch when we got to Paul's Grandma's house for dinner.  It was buffet and lots of good food.  His Grandmother always makes me feel so welcome. 

After dinner we went back to Leslie's.  The kids opened their Christmas pj's and then they opened their presents from me. 
Here is Braxton ......

 Gunner.....

 And Cambria......

I slept in Cambria's bed and she slept on her beanbag. Christmas morning I was awakened to the sound of Cambria leaning over me saying "Grandma wake up it's Christmas!"  Then she proceeded to wake everyone else up.  they couldn't go downstairs until Leslie and Paul actually got up.  I forgot how early kids get up on Christmas morning.
 Here is Cambria waiting for everyone to get up..

 Braxton, he looks excited doesn't he?

 And Gunner finally making his appearance...

Santa did come!  The Lego's on the floor say "Thanks Santa".  Cambria did that before they went to bed the night before.

Paul opening his stocking...he pretty much just laid on the couch the whole time......

Obviously it was just too exciting for him..........The Steeler's blanket is what the kids made for him.....

After all the present opening we went over to Paul's parents house for breakfast.  Blake cooks the whole thing. He made home made biscuits with sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, ham, and the best potatoes I've ever had. 

When I got home around noon I just laid around and watched TV in between naps.  It was fun to finally get to see Leslie's kids open their presents on Christmas and Paul's family always makes me feel a part of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment