Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Stormy Day

This was the view from my driveway when I got home from work today. The wind blew all day yesterday and then really picked up last night. This morning it started pouring rain and continued most of the day. We did get some hail this afternoon and as you can see snow in the mountains.

When I walk out of work this afternoon you could smell and feel the change in the weather. I think it will be safe to say that those 80 & 90 degree days are a thing of the past. I am happy to see the cooler weather finally get here.

I can't wait until the leaves start to turn. They already have in the higher elevations but it seems that Brigham is a little behind when it comes to the fall colors.

It looks like I'll have a little more to do at work. Jade is our UPC clerk but because they are streamlining the offices to get our hours in line I will be doing her job also. They gave us 60 days to make the change but Jade is going to be going out on maternity leave the end of January and Bob said he was going to talk to Mark (Market Manager) and tell him that we were keeping Jade where she is until then.

That means I need to learn her job. She has taught me some of it but I need to really learn it so I feel comfortable taking it over when she goes. I will miss her and then I really will have no one to talk to. I told Bob if he was going to do that, I needed better radio reception in my office. Most days I can hardly get a station in without having to keep my hand on the antenna. This makes it a little hard to do my job.

I try to remember to bring some of my CDs to listen to but sometimes I'm lucky to get myself to work on time without slowing down to grab them. If I get desperate and Jeremy (APC) is at work I call him because he always has some music in his little office for me to borrow.

My home teacher Chris came by this evening and took away my old broken box springs that have been in my carport since my birthday. Now I don't look so white trash. If I only could get rid of the dog house that is still in the driveway (are you reading this Leslie?). :)

2 comments:

  1. I have mixed feelings about the cooler weather. Love it because - it's cooler and more comfortable. Hate it because - it's gonna get way colder and I hate being cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your vintage background and your quote!

    ReplyDelete