Monday, May 16, 2011

What can make a long day at work even longer........

THIS!
This is my friend and fellow carpooler (word?) Conly, changing the flat tire that we got just as we turned the corner by the store to head out to the freeway, at least it blew before we got on. 

We were right off Wall, and this is not the better part of town.  While Conly was changing the tire this guy kept riding by on his bicycle, nothing happened but he made me nervous.

Then to make it an even longer day....you can only go 50-55 mph on a donut so we had to take the back roads home with the emergency flashers on.   Fun times! 

While we were enjoying the scenery the Steppenwolf song "Born To Be Wild" kept running through my head.  I think it was torture for poor Conly to have to drive Jean Claude (his car) that slow. I did my best to entertain him while we coasted along.  I won't go into what was going along faster than we were.....it will just make Conly and Jean Claude feel bad ;).

When we got to Brigham, we went straight to the Walmart so that he could get a new tire before the TLE closed.  We just barely made it.  So while I waited, I ran (by ran I mean I walked to the other side of the store) to the Subway and got a salad for dinner.  I tried to buy Conly something but he wouldn't let me.

By the time I finally got to my car (we meet at the Flying J off the 1100 S. Exit) and got home it was 7:00.  It's never a dull ride when you're with Conly.  It's also good to know that he can change a tire, of course he said that if I get a flat tire he will just sit in the car and make me do it.  That's what he says, but he really is a nice guy, I might have to pay him, but he would change the tire for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment