Sunday, May 8, 2011

Ducks, Hot Air Balloons and Dance Competitions.........

Friday morning when Conly and I got out of the car right there walking in front of us was a male Mallard and it's mate.  They were just walking across the parking lot.  We came up behind them and they didn't even fly away, just kept walking around.  I tried to get a picture with my phone but it wasn't good enough to really show them.  Who would have thought I would be seeing wildlife in the parking lot on Wall Avenue in Ogden. Conly just wanted to shoot them but unfortunately they were not in season and he didn't have a gun.

We have a week and a half before our grand opening so things are really starting to pick up.  We had a week long bake sale to raise money for CMN (Children's Miracle Network) more specifically Primary Children's Hospital.  There were all kinds of goodies all week long.  We also had luncheons everyday.  Monday-Pizza, Tuesday-sloppy joes, Wednesday-pot luck, Thursday-breakfast burritos, and Friday we had hamburgers and hot dogs and invited the local police and fire departments to join us.  Sure beat bringing a sandwich everyday.

Saturday I went with Leslie and Miss Cambria (no boys this time) to Roy High to watch her compete with her dance studio.  On the way down we saw a hot air balloon just floating along by itself.  I caught a picture of it as we drove by.

Here is a picture of Cambria right before they came out to do their Cheer routine.  She was showing a little stress because she had to do a back hand spring right as they came out on the floor and she has just gotten them down this last year and it still makes her scared that she will fall on her head or just mess them up. 

But she did them just fine (was there any doubt?) Here she is at the top of the pyramid (on the left) at the end of the routine....
All smiles and confidence...... 

They did their big show number, which is all of the classes coming out and dancing.  It is pretty impressive, especially since they have a lot of girls. 

 Here is Cambria doing her scorpion..not to brag but look at hers compared to the other girls...perfection! 

Then she danced her lyrical.....once a gain another perfect scorpion..... 

To end it all was her hip-hop....... 

In case you hadn't noticed I just love to watch Cambria dance and there are more pictures on my FB if you want to look.  She just lights up when she hits the dance floor and she is REALLY good.  She reminds me of her Mom and her Aunt Jamie, they were the same way.  They danced their hearts out and loved it. 

Today is Mother's day and I just wanted to mention the Mother's in my life. 
My mom.....is the smartest person I know and very artistic. She has been a great example to me and because of that I feel like I have been a better mother.
Jamie and Leslie....their lives haven't always been easy and I haven't always been the best mother but they turned out to be great mom's and I couldn't be prouder of them.

So Happy Mother's Day to all my friends and family, I hope this day turns out to be a happy one for you all.

1 comment:

  1. I think you must have been - and continue to be - a pretty great mom.
    And you are a terrific Grandma. Those kids are so lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete