Sunday, December 4, 2011

Santa, Bowling and Fun!

So the Saturday after Thanksgiving Santa comes to Brigham City, so I thought it would be fun to take all the grand kids to see him.  Leslie was busy getting things ready for Paul's 30th birthday party and Jamie was going out to help her so this way I would be helping too.

I went out and picked up Leslie's kids and Jamie brought the boys and met me at the courthouse.  We all went and got our free hot chocolate and cookie first thing. Jax kept calling it warm chocolate because, well it wasn't really hot, but they all drank it any way.

Here they all are waiting.......

Here is Jamie and Cambria hamming it up for the camera... 

Jax and his mom... 

The big man in red arrives! 

Gunner and Trevon were so excited to be able to give Santa 'five'.... 

The first thing Cambria said about Santa was that he was too skinny.  Jax who is now 12 knows about Santa and was playing it cool and was not going to sit on his lap.

Jax with his 'warm' chocolate people watching. 

Gunner, I love the mischievous thoughtful look on his face... 

Trevon listening to what Santa is telling him.. 

Braxton giving his list.. 

Miss Cambria..... 

The current Peach Queen and her attendants were handing out the candy canes.  Jax wanted one, I told him if he went over I would take his picture with them.  He turned a little red and decided he didn't want one that bad :)

When they had all sat on Santa's lap, we were walking over to the car, Gunner stopped dead and with a look of horror on his face said, "I forgot to tell Santa one thing!'  He wanted to go and stand in line so he could fix that.  I had to do some fast talking not to have to stand in the line again. 

We went to Wendy's for lunch.. 

They handed out coupons for free bowling and shoe rental while we were waiting for Santa and the nice lady was good enough to give me enough to take them all bowling. Yay for freebies!

Jax.. 

Braxton.. 

Trevon.. 

Gunner.. 

Cambria.. 

When Gunner would roll his ball down the ramp he would just lean on it
and watch his ball go down the lane... 

Cambria doing the "I got the spare" dance..

The funniest thing that happened while we were bowling was that Trevon managed to get a gutter ball with the gutter guards up.  Of course I didn't have my camera ready when that happened.  Don't ask us how he did it, it is a mystery.

The last time I bowled with the kids was at Angel's birthday party.  They all bowled better than me so they were all pretty confident that they were going to beat grandma.  I beat them all!  Yes, I really did, I tried to take a picture of the scoreboard but the glare was too much, but I really did beat them all!

As we were getting ready to go Jax found Gunner's shoe and put it beside his...... 

We then headed out to Leslie's where we all were going to spend the night.  The kids went off to play and I watched Leslie and Jamie frosting cupcakes.  Leslie made a root beer float cookie that was yummy.

Braxton, Jax and Cambria playing on the laptop and ipod,
 is this considered multitasking? 

Santa had told all the kids to make sure they were brushing their teeth.  Well Gunner was not about to disobey Santa (even though it's the same thing his mom tells him) and he was quite upset when he didn't have any toothpaste in his bathroom.  I told him we would find some later and he replied, "But Santa said we have to brush our teeth!"  We found some toothpaste and both Trevon and Gunner went right in and brushed their teeth.  They were not going to take any chances that Santa would not bring them anything. 

Later we went downstairs and played Just Dance 2 on the Wii.  Here is Gunner, Braxton and Trevon.. 

Here's the whole gang, I love how Braxton is going the wrong way and Gunner is just standing there.. 

Trevon and Gunner have become best buds, here they are in Gunner's
room watching Batman (of course) and doing puzzles. 

Later we all were watching a movie and the next thing I knew, they had all gone and brought up their pillows and blankets.  I was right beside Jax and once he fell asleep he started taking up the space where I was, plus Cambria kept stretching out and putting her legs on me, so I moved to Gunners bed.

  Here they all are after a long fun filled day.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment