Sunday, November 20, 2011

Cambria, Braxton and Gunner spend the weekend....

Last weekend Leslie took Paul to the U of U game for his birthday and I watched the kiddos for them.  It also was the day of our first real snow storm.

When the kids come over there are certain items that Grandmas MUST have stocked in the house.  They are macaroni and cheese, hot dogs, noodles (Ramen), cheese puffs and CHOCOLATE MILK.  This last item is non-negotiable. 

So I was fixing mac and cheese and hot dogs for lunch and when I opened the fridge Gunner saw the chocolate milk in the door.  He ran up to me and hugged my legs and said, "I love you !", and then grabbed a bottle of milk.  If  that is what I get for having chocolate milk in my fridge then it is well worth it.

The snow recked my original plan to have the kids help me finish raking up all the leaves but we managed to fill our time doing other fun stuff.

They brought Gunners turtle tent.

Then Cambria and I decided to make some chocolate chocolate chip cookies. The recipe I used was so easy.  You take a chocolate cake mix, a can of pumpkin and a bag of chocolate chips mix it all together and it makes 3 dozen of the best cookies.  You don't even taste the pumpkin and they are moist and cakey.

  Cambria ended up doing most of it. 


Here she is with the finished product.... 

While we were upstairs baking the boys were downstairs playing the Wii..

Look at the concentration on Gunner's face in these pictures.. 

Here's Braxton and Cambria waiting for their turn on the Wii (Braxton is eating an apple) 

Here they are playing "The Michael Jackson Experience". 
You can tell who was being Michael Jackson by who has the glove on... 

Cambria and Braxton dancing to "Dirty Diana" 


This is how Gunner amused himself while they were dancing... 

While the other two were playing Gunner invited me into his tent.... 

We decided to brave the snow and go to Pizza Plus for dinner.  They have the best cheesy bread sticks ever, and their pizza is pretty darn good too.

When we got home the kids decided that they wanted to have a Christmas movie marathon.  So they pulled out all my Christmas movies and put them in the order that they wanted to watch them.  While we watched the movies we had hot chocolate, their favorite is the candy cane cocoa.  They all fell asleep during the third movie.

The next morning Gunner was the first one up.  I asked him what he wanted for breakfast and out of all the choices I gave him this is what he chose.

Candy cane cocoa and leftover pizza... Side note..he did decide to have cereal for lunch.

When Cambria and Braxton finally woke up they decided that Gunner had made the best choice for breakfast and had the same.  I can't say that I blame them I have always loved leftover pizza for breakfast.

After they got dressed we continued the Christmas movie marathon and then they had ramen for lunch (except Gunner).  While they were eating they decided that since it was Paul's birthday that they needed to make him birthday cards. 

After the cards were done, Cambria and the boys made up a birthday skit to surprise Paul with.  They had fun and he loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment