Sunday, April 24, 2011

Grandma's Easter party 2011.......

Okay, I'm sure people have quit looking at my blog because I am such a slacker at updating.  I will try to get better I promise!

Friday night I was getting things ready for my annual Easter party.  I decided to make pies.  Yes, I said pies.  I have NEVER in my life made a pie, really.  But I found this recipe for strawberry pie and I just had to make it for my Easter party.  I honestly don't know what possessed me.

So Friday night I sat cutting up 4 pounds of strawberries (2 pounds per pie).  They were so easy to make (especially since it called for graham cracker crusts that I could buy all ready to go).  Here is a picture of the finished products.  I have to say they looked great and they tasted as Leslie put it "delish!"  I was quite proud of myself.

Saturday afternoon the gang came over and we started by coloring eggs.  Here is everyone...
 (this is what I get when I say "Everyone look at Grandma!") 

Gunner took off his shirt so he wouldn't get egg dye all over it and I had to give Cambria an old shirt of mine to cover her white clothes.  Cambria's eggs were covered in glitter and sequins (I know you are all surprised by that) and Jax's eggs all had crazy faces.  Gunner told me that my party was the best part of Easter.  That's all I need to hear to keep this tradition going.

We had Hawaiian Haystacks and rolls for lunch.  Very yummy. The kids just wanted to get to the egg hunt part of the party so we had to do a little 'convincing' to get them to eat.

They found all the eggs, and it was really great to see the older ones (Jax and Cambria) making sure Gunner found all his eggs.  I gave them each a little gift, Jax, Trev and Braxton got Lego sets, Gunner got puzzles and Cambria got a jewelry making kit.  They were all happy with their 'spoils'.

Then there was this moment....
Yes, there is a story to go with it....
I couldn't post this picture on FB with the rest of them because Jamie was sick and said she looked horrible (which she didn't) but she didn't say I couldn't put it here on my blog (of course I didn't ask her either).  :)

The story....
Cambria had said that she had stepped on a nail (not at my house) and so she was showing her foot to Leslie.  When Leslie was done looking at it Cambria was sitting on the couch with her foot pulled up looking at the bottom of her foot.  Angel was shocked and asked Cambria how she could twist her leg around and look and the bottom of her foot like that.  Surely no one else could do something like that.  Well my girls and I all said that we could do that and to prove it.....we have a picture.

After everything had settled down we had the pie. Yes, they were yummy but I had let one sit out on the counter and so when I cut into it, it didn't hold together well when I took it out of the pie tin.  It kinda was a big pile of strawberries and graham cracker on a plate not really resembling a piece of pie.  But no one seemed to mind because they all cleaned their plates and Angel took my other pie home to share with friends.

Today in church I was the "music lady".  It was my turn to play the organ, I love it when I get the holidays cause I get to play some of my favorite songs.  Then I had to fill in at the piano in Junior Primary (Letty had to take her visiting daughter to the airport).  Then I had to rush in to Relief Society to lead the music. Whew!!!!!

I hope you all have a Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment