Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day Dad!

10 things I learned from my dad....
1) Heart and Soul on the piano both parts
2) Patriotism, be proud to be an American
3) Stand up for what's right no matter what
4) Golf, but that didn't stick....sorry Dad
5) Respect for my elders, especially mom
6) How to be a good parent, or at least the best you can be
7) That my Heavenly Father loves me
8) You don't back down from your responsibilities, commitments or promises
9) Do whatever task that has been given you the very best you can until it is completed
10)  That there are consequences for our actions and that we should accept them good or bad

I have learned much more from my dad.  He has always stuck by me, even when I'm sure he just wanted to knock me upside the head and shout "What the h--- are you thinking?!"  I love him more than I will ever be able to say in words. 

One day when we were talking I asked him what his favorite hymn was and he had two.  One of them is "Because I Have Been Given Much".  If you know the words to this song then you know what my dad is like.  He a pillar of strength.  So for Father's Day since I can't be there with you dad here is my present to you (isn't technology wonderful?) 

This is Marvin Goldstein's arrangement of one of my dad's favorite hymns (see above).  Sorry for whatever mistakes there are but I kinda decided to do this while I was sitting in church this afternoon. 

This is for you dad, I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment